PDA

View Full Version : Brownie Fairy... Oh Brownie Fairy...

jamsmu
10-13-2004, 03:42 PM
You are a super hero!!! How did you know that I am hosting a book club meeting tonight???? I had just pulled out of the driveway, with a cranky DS in the carseat, to the store to stock up on desserts and coffees for the meeting, when I glanced up at the front door and saw a tiny box sitting outside. "What's this??" I thought.

After retrieving a box from Gabby's Goodies, I skipped back to the car singing, "the brownie fairy!!!" Turned off the car, used my keys to open the box, and, !!!!, inside is a gift assortment of coffees and teas: English Breakfast Tea, Hazelnut Coffee, Caramel Cappuccino Mix and White Chocolate Hazelnut Cocoa Mix (which, since it is WHITE chocolate I am not allergic to--very good!!) AND Apple Streusel Muffin Mix!!!

You made my day Brownie Fairy!! I love baking and am so excited that my house will smell delish when the group comes over!!!

No clue who you are... you didn't leave the slightest hint. So a big thank you to you for fluttering by my doorstep!

rrosen
10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Bumping up!

BrownieFairy
10-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Glad I have good timing! Hope you enjoy your drinks and muffins amd your book club doesn't think you're too crazy if you tell them where you got it! :)

jamsmu
10-14-2004, 01:18 AM
I did tell them, and they thought it was the coolest thing... it also didn't surprise them that I'd be involved in yet another group.

I have to tell you, I ended up making the muffins into a cake because my muffin tin is somewhere in the basement. I just added more water, an extra egg and a 1/2 cup of flour. It was GREAT!!!

Thanks again, whoever you are! (Feel like giving a clue???)

BrownieFairy
10-14-2004, 08:37 AM
I believe my city was listed on the return address. That's your only hint. :)

jamsmu
10-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Aha! An IL gal! The ret. address label is in the recycling bin... I'm going to check that out later today. :)

jamsmu
11-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Okay BF... sorry its been so long, but DS was sick, then got better, now is sick again. Anyway, I can't figure this out. According to the return address label, you live in Crestwood, IL. But thats also where Gabby Goodies come from, so I'm not sure if you are from the same town or if they put their ret. address on and you thought it would be yours. Any hints???

BTW, I owe you a big thanks!! I am now selling the product! I'd never heard of it and they don't have any local sales people--thank you again!!

BrownieFairy
11-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, glad it worked out so well for you! Their stuff is yummy. :)

They must have put their return address on it. The state is right, but not the city. I live a little farther south than that. ;)

jamsmu
11-15-2004, 02:04 PM
oh... that doesn't help. A little more of a hint??? If I type "Illinois" into the search I'll get a million responses!!!

BrownieFairy
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Ummm... I don't know what to give as a hint that won't give me away! I have one DD and I live in a town with lots of students. That should probably help. :)

jamsmu
11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
so here are my clues:

South of Crestwood (I have mapquest open and went straight south of Crestwood. I don't know IL at all, I've never been out of the airport.)
Town has a college in it
1 DD

Oh boy... this is going to take a lot of searching!!!

BrownieFairy
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Two interstates meet here, and it is a little east of crestwood also. There was a thread from about a week ago all about this town that would be really helpful! ;)

jamsmu
11-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Is your dd's b-day in January??

BrownieFairy
11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Yes... :)

jamsmu
11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Is it you???

mommd
11-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes! :) Glad you liked what I sent you! Being a brownie fairy was fun! :)

jamsmu
11-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Thank you SOOOO much!! I loved the goodies!!

I have to tell you, considering that the furthest I've been into IL is the 2 airports, I sure know your state well now. :)

Brownie Fairying is fun! And the puzzle afterwards is so fun and rewarding, too.

Many thanks :)