PDA

View Full Version : What picture studios have the online option??

aliceinwonderland
10-13-2004, 04:17 PM
I think Sears does...What about the others (not interested in Walmart, all others are fine)

Basically I want to be able to email the pics (either a link or the whole picture), and I don't have a scaner.

Many Thanks!!

mharling
10-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I know that Sears, JCPenney and Kiddie Kandids (at BRU) do. I think I just read somewhere that Target does too.

ETA: For Sears and JCPenney, you have to pay extra (I think it was $5). KK was free. Don't know about Target.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

RwnMayfair
10-13-2004, 11:18 PM
I've never paid extra at Sears for them to be online. Of course, I also belong to the Portrait Club or whatever it's called, so maybe that's why. But I've never seen anything about a fee for that anywhere either. Oh well. :)

One way or the other, the Portrait Club has been very, very worth it for us. If you get a lot of pictures taken and find one place you like a lot, their plan can be really nice.

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif

sbjf
10-13-2004, 11:23 PM
I hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread, but it's related so I thought it would be ok.

We want to get ds's Halloween pic taken this weekend, and I'd like to be able to have the pictures either in hand when I leave or at least on a cd, is this possible anywhere? (I'm thinking a place like Sears, Target, Penney's, BRU) If not, how long does it generally take to get such things? Thanks!

RwnMayfair
10-13-2004, 11:27 PM
I know Picture People has them done for you in an hour. I didn't care for them much the one time we tried them, and honestly think they're overpriced if you don't have a coupon, but they do get them to you quickly. Some people really like them though, so it's all a matter of opinion. :)

Otherwise, I'm not sure of a place where you get them that quickly. Sears has them online within 48 hours if the studio near you offers the option, though that's not really in hand or on a CD.

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif

amp
10-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Deb (sugarsnappea) just posted that Target has started offering this at a cost of $5 or $5.99 (can't remember).

Target takes about 3 wks to get your pics in hand. You do not walk out with pictures or a cd. YOu leave with a bad printout of the shots. You can now get them online for price above. We have been very happy with the Target portraits we have had done (4x). And Deb posted her most recent portraits from target of her daughter in the layette forum. Check it out.

kthomp
10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
I know for a fact that Sears online preview pics are free, no charge.

Penney's charges $5 or so I think, and from what I remember they can take up to two weeks to be e-mailed to you.

I have never been, but I think a friend of mine said that Kiddie Kandids prints the pics before you leave, and I believe they also offer cd's.

HTH!

TaChapm
10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Picture People has a coupon now for a free 8x10 or 10x13 and free sitting fee. The link is up in the coupon code/bargains forum. You get your pictures in an hour and if nothing else you will leave with a free picture. No loss there.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

sbjf
10-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks! There is one near me so I think we'll do that. So if I don't wish to spend any money there, I can essentially do that. I can get one free pic and leave? I'm not required to purchase at least one pic? I mean, I def. may buy more pics, but I'm wondering if I'm required to or not. THANKS!!!!!!! I'm going to go find that coupon.

kthomp
10-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Bonnie,

You might get a few dirty looks, but no, you are not obligated to buy any other pics. They are up to $18 a sheet now, so I usually try to limit myself to the free one and one other.

HTH!

mharling
10-14-2004, 12:03 AM
I stand corrected then! I was thinking we had to pay....

Mary
Lane - April 2003

sbjf
10-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Andrea, do you know how soon you can get them online from Target now?

Thanks!

mharling
10-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Sears and Penney's both take a little while; at least 2-3 weeks, IIRC. You can walk out with them at Kiddie Kandids/BRU. We're headed there tomorrow. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003

sugarsnappea
10-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Mine were available online in a little over a week.

sbjf
10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks! Yours came great, Noraa is a beauty!

Momof3Labs
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
BRU has them in your hands within 15 minutes. So, you go pay, walk around the store once, and walk out with your photos. Our Kiddie Kandids (in BRU) has MUCH better photographers than our Picture People, and I like that they can edit the pictures on the computer (recenter, zoom in, etc.). Our PP photos are always off center and just basically crappy. It's to the point that I consider the free sitting/free photos coupons from PP a huge waste of my time and not worth using, even though PP is 5 minutes away and KK is 20 minutes away!

shartemink
10-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I just had photos taken at Target for the first time and got the online option for $3.99. We had the photos done 9/24. I got the email with link on 10/9. I pick up the real photos on 10/15 (yay! tomorrow!) The online pics expire 1/6/2005.

With the online option you can download the photos (to email, use as background, etc.) or you can "share" them using the Target website so recipients can view online & order real photos.

hth,
sam
Mommy to Matthew
3/10/2004

sbjf
10-14-2004, 02:12 PM
hmm thanks.

which bru do you like? you are in the atlanta area right?

Momof3Labs
10-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Nope, northern burbs of Chicago.

jubilee
10-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Kiddie Kandids in Babies R Us has done a really nice job for us.
#1 there is no membership fee
#2 there is no minimum to purchase
#3 you can view and order the pics online
#4 you can edit, zoom, add borders, make a collage online with the pics
#5 you walk away with the photos the same day
#6 if you join their birthday club you get a freebie near the birthday

but, with my KK, I recommend thinking about what shots you want ahead of time. Or you will wind up with lots of shots with props you may not be interested in. You can get some ideas at www.kiddiekandids.com And they will do family photos too!