PDA

View Full Version : So I swear I won't mention Fed EX again- but this was warming

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
I thought before sharing and since I am not and have not divulged any names I feel comfortable sharing especially since some picked up on part of a post.

But if you remember my first coorespondance with the Executive she had said something like "I will fill you in later" or something that left a little suspense. Well she never did, and I just thought it must be about the inside scoup of the problem at Fed Ex.

So she emailed yesterday and said "I am going to email you from my home tonight...this is my email address there so you don't delete it and you "recognize" it"...

I have to say she really really took on a fight for me and she kept saying "thank you for what you are doing" (which makes me uncomfortable always a huge discussion in the adoption world on things said like that) and though it doesn't get my patnies in a wad how do you respond...

but none the less her thank yous for adopting were not unnoticed...

So she sent me an email from her home saying 39 years ago she got pregnant at 17 with no support and put her baby instantly up adoption. That she tried to make contact in the 38 years to no avail.
In Feb she got the call from her daughter who is now 38 (close to my age). She said she was raised by a loving family who adopted two chilren, who gave the kids excellent educations and she just went on and on about her daughter...and how wonderful her daughters mom was.
Her email was about the women who raised her daughter and was so nice to read...

Anyway it was a neat coorespondance to me, I tucked into bed last night and told Steve about "the email I got from my FRIEND at Fed Ex"...

I guess being that this was just a few months ago she got this coorespondance her emotions are still high from it... and then this to help me...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

ismommy
10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Neve,

That is such a sweet story. Remember I was saying that getting it in the right hands would do all the good. I bet due to her adoption experience she made an extra effort.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

kelly ann
10-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Neve-

Wow...your post just gave me goose bumps. Looks like your correspondence got to the best person possible at Fedex to fight for you. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DebbieJ
10-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Wow. What a moving story.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

jamsmu
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Neve, that brought tears to my eyes. You just never know who you are working with.

new_mommy25
10-13-2004, 07:08 PM
That's a wonderful story and a nice end to this whole ordeal.

McQ
10-13-2004, 09:00 PM
What a touching and powerful story. Life's all about connections. We all have more in common than we might think.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

mekiemom
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. She needed you as much as you needed her.
I'm kind of new to the boards, well I'm a shy lurker :-)
but I've been following your story and I'm so happy that things are looking up for you and your family.

Jenn
my sweet girl 3/02