PDA

View Full Version : The Brownie Fairy does her homework

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2004, 05:45 PM
I have to admit that I was so suprised to see a package at my door today. I thought it could've been Martie's halloween costume but it was too heavy. Imagine my suprise to see a big ol' box of Ghirdelli Brownie mix. Very cool. I'm making brownies tonight! I also got some lovely Trader Joe Cherries (which is super awesome because there is no TJ's in the area). I also have to admit that I was super excited about the recipes from my boyfriend Tyler. That's how I knew that the brownie fairy really knows me - perhaps she shares my lust for Tyler too? I loved the Care Bear - I think that it was particularly chosen for a specific reason and I loved the butterflies too.

Thanks so much!
-Sonia

ALLEYCAT
10-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Yumm Brownies and Cherries, what an indulgence. I would be having them for breakfast while sitting in a nice hot tub with a good book. Or maybe just a silk cloth over my eyes.

rrosen
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Bumping this up! I don't want your Brownie Fairy to miss it.

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2004, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to add that those brownies are manufactured by the devil. I made them tonight and I've eaten more than my fair share. Plus I made the mistake of letting Martie nibble on a tiny bit - yeah she was signing eat all night. Plus the brownies are unbelievably good topped with cherries!

-Sonia

billysmommy
10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
What a great brownie fairy...that sounds good I never thought of putting cherries with brownies, I'll have to grab some next time I'm at a TJ's. Thanks for the idea :)

Sarah1
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Sonia, who is your boyfriend Tyler???????

Wow, this Brownie Fairy reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly gets around. I'm impressed! :)

Edited to add--P.S. I'm confused...so there's more than one brownie fairy? I obviously didn't read something. How does this work??

rrosen
10-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Sonia,
Did you see Tyler's story in Bon Appetite this month? He is the cutest ever! Yummm Wish I had a food 911!

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Tyler Florence, the chef from Food Network from Food 911, Tyler's Ultimate and How to Boil Water. When I showed DH the recipes I said "Look I even got recipes from my boyfriend!" Then he said the people on the boards even know that you'd leave me for him. When I didn't respond right away, he was said "Great you really would" He was joking around of course - but we all know who my boyfriend is in this household.

-Sonia

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Oooh I need to get it. This is how much I want to meet him, I'm trying to come up with food emergencies so that he can come to my house. Every time I come up with one, I see it on tv. Drats. My mom actually saw him in Chinatown in NYC but when he looked at her she didn't say anything.

-Sonia

jamsmu
10-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Sarah, The "brownie fairy" is anyone who wants to send a gift anonymously to another person. But there's more info available--I'm a little too tired to explain right now. Becca (rrosen) is the BRILLIANT coordinator.

BrownieFairy
10-14-2004, 09:03 AM
You are so welcome.

I am so happy that the package arrived safely. The card I intended to put in your box never made it out of the car.

Let me know how your boyfriend's recipe turns out. That one has been in my file for some time. Unfortunately, I do not share your lust for Mr. Florence. But, I do appreciate his talent. ;)

My little one picked out the butterflies, which I know are a choking hazard :), and the little Care Bear for Martie.

BrownieFairy
10-14-2004, 09:04 AM
:) That is why I sent you the Costco size!

houseof3boys
10-14-2004, 10:03 AM
I thought Drake was your boyfriend?!!!?!?!?

Sounds like a great brownie fairy. :)

MartiesMom2B
10-14-2004, 10:06 AM
J.B. is my secret man on the side. Shhhhh!!!!!

-Sonia