PDA

View Full Version : I googled and can't find medical answer for my little boy...

redhookmom
10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
I didn't want to type "penis" in the subject line. The tip is purple and he says it hurts. I was getting to many sex hits and could not find an answer. Can anyone give me a link to a site that gives medical information. Or, does anyone know what the problem might be?
Thanks

Jacksonvol
10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
did you try www.webmd.com ?

Tondi G
10-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I was going to suggest Web MD. I know if it hurts you don't want to be poking around down there but I would look it over if it were my son. They can get a hair wrapped around their penis sometimes and it can cause real problems and discomfort if left! I would call your ped and take him in if it isn't better by the morning and there isn't a hair or something cutting off the circulation. I hope it is something simple! Good Luck

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

Judegirl
10-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Hopefully you've already solved this, but I like familydoctor.org also.

HTH,
Jude

geochick
10-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Did you call your doctor?

daisymommy
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Has he been urinating without any problems?

If it's purple the circulation may be cut off. It could be plugged or blocked with smegma (the white build up that is often around the foreskin area that needs to be cleaned off when you push the foreskin back--in a circumcised boy--is he intact?), causing an underlying infection. This happened to Joshua once. If he is circ'ed, I would gently squeeze the tip to see if a yellowish/white plug comes out, relieving the pain and bringing bloodflow back. If that doesn't help, I would definetly call your Dr.

jubilee
10-15-2004, 04:51 AM
How is your little guy doing, everything okay? Hugs to him,