PDA

View Full Version : When does the drool end?

miki
10-15-2004, 11:48 AM
DD is 13 months old and still drooling like one of those spraying fire hydrants. She goes through half a dozen bibs a day. I wouldn't care except she gets a terrible drool rash over her chin, neck, and chest if I'm not vigilant about changing the bibs. Does it stop when all the teeth come in? She has more teeth than any other baby we know and is WAY more drooly than any other baby I've seen. Every time I think it might be tapering off, it starts up again wetter than ever.

bnme
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
My DS is 22 months and still wears bibs alot due to his constant drooling. He's had all his teeth for months now, so I am not sure why. He's the only kid his age I know that drools so much! I hope it stops soon.

smomom
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
You're not alone.... My little guy will be two in a few weeks and most days he drools like a faucet. I don't think he's been without a bib for more than 10 minutes of his life.

Momof3Labs
10-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Still going here. We've got at least 2 of the 2-year molars in (I can't see the tops well enough to know if either is in) so hopefully the drool days are coming to an end soon...

psophia17
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
I saw this quote online and had to find this thread to post it in:

"If you were to open up a baby's head - and I am not for a moment suggesting that you should - you would find nothing but an enormous drool gland." ~Dave Barry

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03