PDA

View Full Version : Fess up, who did you TP as a child?

bluej
10-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I grew up in a very small town and TPing was HUGE! The cops happily looked the other way and overall the town thought of it as good clean fun (no eggs allowed). But we still had to be sneaky b/c we didn't want the 'victims' to know who did it. Typically we did teacher's and school administrator's homes. Occassionally my parents would have a request and of course we were all too happy to obey :P November 1st was always a day to get up early and drive around and see who all got TP'd (small town, lots of different groups of kids hitting up a couple of different homes led to a lot of TP strewn lawns). It's odd for me to hear that a house with their lights off (indicating no trick-or-treaters) is a target. We usually 'vandalized' the homes of the teachers we liked best and our parent's friends. It was almost an honor to be TP'd (as long as they had a teenager of their own to clean up the mess)!

cdlamis
10-15-2004, 11:29 PM
As a teenager, my friends and I usually would just TP cute boys' houses.
But one night, my best friends slept over at my house and we were lazy and a bit mischevious so we TP'd my own house and wrote "To Suzanne" (my sister) on the front lawn. The next morning my parents saw it and made my sister clean it all up herself! Oh, I was mean! :)

*edited to fix spelling error
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

new_mommy25
10-16-2004, 01:36 AM
I've never TP'd anyone nor did I ever see a house TP'd beore. I guess it's not big where i grew up.

ellies mom
10-16-2004, 02:01 AM
We TP'd our old boss one night, the next morning he had one of us work at his new shop. We thought for sure we were busted. He thought it was his daughter's friend and had her cleaning it up at 7am.

I was renting a house with friends in college, it was on a "Christmas Tree Court". I guess they had a block house decorating/pot luck the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We were all out of town so we didn't go. When we got back our house was TP'ed. That's when we found out about the block party. That started the worse Christmas season of my life.

toomanystrollers
10-16-2004, 08:06 AM
I'll never tell!! }(

brigmaman
10-16-2004, 10:02 AM
We never did this (though we made up for it in other ways!;)), but there was a show on MTV the other day where the high schoolers "forked" people by placing forks tong side up on the lawns!

Vajrastorm
10-16-2004, 11:51 AM
I never TP'd. I guess I was uptight, but I thought it was rude and obnoxious, even as a kid/teenager. I thought the same of ding-dong ditch.

- the party pooper :) -

crayonblue
10-16-2004, 02:19 PM
My friends and I TP'd a lot of homes. But, there was one that was quite memorable. A friend was having a slumber party and we brilliantly decided to TP the cute boy's house next door. Next morning, my friend's mom made us go over and apologize and clean up. We had to apologize to the dad because the boy wasn't even home that weekend.

Many years later, I went with my mom to one of her graduate psychology classes and that boy was in the class!

babymama
10-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Too many to even remember. I think we did this the first time when I was in 5th grade. What's funny to me is that at that age, a friends *mom* drove us around town to wrap houses. I can't imagine ever doing that for my kiddo! Anyway, the main TP jobs I remember were several on one night. My friends boyfriend cheated on her and kissed another girl. SO we went on a rampage. We got the boyfriend's house, his best friend's house, and the cheater girl's house. We employed the fork method, for sure, on her house plus we put real estate signs in her yard that said "home for sale". It was a total girl bonding experience - better than shopping!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

MartiesMom2B
10-18-2004, 01:03 PM
My biology teacher. She was a neighbor of one my friend's so I knew where she lived. She lived in a town house so I guess it wasn't too bad.

-Sonia