PDA

View Full Version : A half hour early but - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEELA (papal)!!!!!

Marisa6826
10-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Girlie-

I"m wiped and am going to bed, but I just wanted to be the very first to wish our sweet Leela Happy Birthday!

You are such a wonderful Mommy and an amazing friend. I am honoured to know you and can't wait to meet the beautiful Birthday Girl in person (hopefully in the near future!).

Have a wonderful time at the party. I know that you're kind of melancholy. But all will be well and you will look back fondly on this milestone. I promise.

Love you!

hugs and kisses from me and Sophie Soph!

-m

mudder17
10-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Doh! You beat me to it! But that means I get to go to bed, too! :)

Happy Birthday Sweet Leela! I wish you a good day at your party, with lots of fun, but lots of rest, too!

Rashmi, you are an amazing mother and friend. I know you've worked so hard and that today has been really hard on you. But sit back and enjoy tomorrow and marvel at the wondrous year that you've had.

Lots of love, hugs, and kisses from me and Kaya!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

pritchettzoo
10-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! Give your mommy a big hug and tell her to take deep breaths.

Gracie sends smooches to you! :)

Anna

jbowman
10-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Were we all plotting to post this, LOL? Marisa beat me to it, too!

Happy, happy birthday Leela! And congratulations Rashmi! Think of all of the wonderful times to come! I hope you have a fun party! Enjoy the day!

jec2
10-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Oh, you beat me to it Marisa, I was just coming to do this :)

Rashmi, you are one wonderful mama and Leel's is so lucky to have you! Happy Birthday to you both! Leela, may your day be filled with wonder and joy and be as especially unforgettable as you. Finny sends big hugs and kisses on this extra special birthday! xoxo

Next year or the year after or one of these years, we will have to meet halfway and celebrate together.

Judegirl
10-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Happy Birthday to the amazing, beautiful-eyed little Leela!

And here's hoping her Mommy has a wonderful day too! :)

Jude

lrucci
10-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! Have a super day tomorrow!!

Kyleigh sends lots of birthday smooches.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

SeekerMage
10-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Happy Birthday little Monkey girl Leela...have a very happy day!
Hope you got your cover and have the cutest little birthday monkey butt. Enjoy your day together :)

mharling
10-17-2004, 01:14 AM
Have the grandest of days, Leela! You have an amazing mommy and we are all blessed to know her. Remind her to take deep breaths and enjoy this most special day. ;)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Jeanne
10-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! Hope you enjoy your party!

Vajrastorm
10-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Happy Birthday Miss Leela!

Carry on into your second year.

tippy
10-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Happy Birthday Leela. I can't wait to see lots of pictures from your party! (Hint Hint).

deborah_r
10-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Oh, Rashmi, I am so happy for you...even though I know you are a little sad, but I know you are still excited that your precious girl is turning one! I hope you really enjoy the day. You will just love her more and more, I promise, even while you are missing those first months! It's hard to imagine, but it's true!

Hugs to you and Leela! You are a great mommy!!!

deborah_r
10-17-2004, 02:19 AM
"Were we all plottong to post this?"

Yep (she says as she takes the postit note off of her computer monitor!)

But I should have known I could not beat the East Coast-ers to it!

jubilee
10-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Happy birthday Leela! I hope your day is so wonderful, you little monkey!! :)

new_mommy25
10-17-2004, 02:48 AM
Marisa, you're quick! I was just coming here to start the thread.

A wonderful Happy Birthday to you Miss Leela. Noah and I wish you the best for the next 365 days.

Hugs,

brigmaman
10-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Happy Happy Birthday Leela!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluej
10-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! I hope you enjoy your special day!

ismommy
10-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Leela - Bella is sending birthday hugs and kisses and Mosby is snedng a few licks. Wehop you are having a wonderful day with your family and give mama extra cuddles - she is feeling a bit sad her baby is grwoing up.
Rashmi - enjoy the day and think about all the fun ahead as Leela continues to grow.
hugs
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

octmom
10-17-2004, 09:41 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEELA!!! Hope you and your family have a wondrful day and that we will see pictures soon. :)

Rashmi- some of the PPs mentioned you are feeling a bit melancholy about this milestone. I completely understand. Sean will turn one on the 29th and I am in complete denial about it. How long can we keep them babies? Your little one is walking and showing many signs of maturing. Mine isn't walking yet, but he is cruising constantly and he is getting huge! (He's wearing 24 months!) Where did those teeny little helpless beings go? I guess we're doing our mommy jobs well, because they seem to be thriving. Congratulations on making it through the first year with flying colors!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

cinrein
10-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Big Happy Birthday wishes to beautiful Leela!! I hope you enjoy your wonderful party and all your visitors.

And big hugs to Rashmi. It's a special day for both of you. You feel like you simply can't take the sadness of seeing your little baby grow up, but then she goes and does something new and wondrous and you think, this just can't get any better! It does get better and better, I promise!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

jk3
10-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Happy Birthday Leela. We hope you have a terrific day.

Congratulations, Rashmi. I know this is a bittersweet day but I hope you have a fabulous time at the party.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Tori_s mom
10-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! Happy anniversary of the day your DD was born, Rashmi! I hope your day is beautiful even if you have a few tears along the way. Leela is a gorgeous girl, and you should be so proud of everything she's learned this year. Hang in there and hug that monkey. ;)

Tasha

rrosen
10-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Leela!

Have a fantastic time at your Monkey Party. I know your Mom has put a great deal of thought into every detail. I can't wait to see pictures of your pretty face covered in cake!

Rashmi,
Congratulations to you and James on a wonderful, emotional, educational, tiring, joyful, tearful, and exciting year. I hope there are an infinite amount of healthy and happy years ahead.

Lots of love and kisses from me and Elle.

Enjoy the day!

mamaturk
10-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your day!!

barbarhow
10-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Happy, happy birthday to Leela. I hope you and Mommy have a super day filled with lots of laughter and fun. Lots of love, Barbara and Jack
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

s_gosney
10-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Wooohooo! Happy birthday Leela!!! And congrats Rashmi on a great first year of motherhood. You're doing an awesome job! I know in some ways this day is bittersweet, but I know this next year holds SO much fun and excitement as your little monkey continues to grow (albeit very slowly :)). Have a great day!

marinkitty
10-17-2004, 10:56 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEELA!

And Rashmi - I know this can be a bittersweet day, but just think of all the wonderful things she has yet to do with you that you two can look forward to! I hope the day goes well and that both the birthday girl and the mommy have a wonderful time.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

Puddy73
10-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Happy Birthday to You, Leela! I hope that you have a blast at your monkey party!

Rashmi, I totally understand your melancholy. I was a little sad on DD's first birthday because it was such an amazing year and it seemed to go by so fast. However, I know that your smart, funny, beautiful little girl has many wonderful surprises in store for you in the year to come. Think of all the good times ahead and enjoy today! :)

Hugs to you both!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

jamsmu
10-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Happy happy birthday Leela!! And many congrats to your wonderful Mommy!!

Rashmi, The first birthday can be overwhelming. Try to take a few deep breaths and look around so you can remember it. Another thing, ask a family member to be the photog. so that you can be in the pics and enjoy yourself.

I felt so sad that he had already reached the 1 year milestone, but the very next day I realized that the fun just keeps coming!! Lela will be "toddler" now... which is SO FUN!!!!

Carson and I send our congrats and happy days!!

sugarsnappea
10-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Happy 1st Birthday Leela! Enjoy your day! :)

kthomp
10-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Happy First Birthday Leela!!!!!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_6.gif

I hope the pigs are oinking and the monkeys are chattering for you on your very special day!

Rashmi, I know you were feeling down, I'm sorry. Try your best to enjoy the day. But the fact that you're sad about the year being gone just again proves that you are a great mom! Some people can't wait for the first year to be over! As you and Leela blow out the candles today, think about all the amazing, fun, and love-filled years you two will have together. She won't be a baby forever, but she'll always be your baby!

Big hugs to both of you from Ally and me! I just asked her to say happy birthday to Leela and she said "mimi baby!" with a big smile. Have a great day!

amazz
10-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Rashmi-I have been thinking about you all week--ever since my baby was born! I can't imagine how I will be feeling in a year, but I know how much I already love my little girl and I know that in a year it will only be multiplied by every day. You have a beautiful daughter and I hope that my baby girl will be as loved as you love yours. Leela--Happy Birthday!!!! Tell your mommy to post lots of pictures of your party!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

RwnMayfair
10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Happy Birthday, Leela!

Or, as a few other friends of mine have done on birthdays:
Hippo Birdies two ewe! ;)

(What can I say? I have interesting friends. ::grin::)

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous birthday! Taran sends drooly kisses, and of course you get much less drooly kisses and hugs from me. :)

::BIG hugs::

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif

lmariana
10-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Hooray! Congratulations Leela! Enjoy your special day!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
Join the Babybags Swap group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/join

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Sarah1
10-17-2004, 03:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEELA!!!!!

The fun is just beginning!!! :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
OH Leela we hope you have the most wonderful of days!!!
Just a few hours down the road the weather is PERFECT for sucha celebration so I would assume you've lucked out as well!!!!

Big hugs Rashmi I know how special the day is!!!!
We can't wait to see pics!!!!

Happy Birthday little sunshine!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

MelissaTC
10-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Cutie Pie! :)

Buffys Mommy
10-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Leela,

We hope the sun is shining brightly and that you are having a wonderful birthday!

Tammie and
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

lmintzer
10-17-2004, 05:42 PM
I don't think I posted under this thread yet, so I wanted to add more HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to sweet little Leela and her family! We hope the day goes well.

Rashmi--one happy little secret about the 2nd year of life--if you thought development during the first year was amazing, you haven't seen anything yet. Get ready for the thrill of your life. The language development alone is enough to blow you away. : )

mommd
10-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Happy Birthday Leela! :)

murpheyblue2
10-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Happy birthday!

McQ
10-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Happy birthday sweetie! Hope you all had a great day.

Rashmi, you're such a wonderful mother and an amazing person. And Leela is just the sweetest little girl I've ever seen. Thinking of her singing and making the monkey face puts such a smile on my face. Enjoy the day. There are many more head of you and new tricks for Leela to learn.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

candybomiller
10-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Hope that Leela had a very happy birthday!

Rashmi, I hope you're doing well. I know how tough it is to watch a little one grow up. Just remember, that's the goal! :)

calebsmama03
10-17-2004, 11:43 PM
YAY for Leela! How can it be that this sweet little thing is already a year old?!? Time flies....

Rashmi - I hope you're doing OK with the milestone - hugs girlie! I was SO sad for Caleb's bday :( Buth after a few days I realized nothing but the number on the calendar had changed, and that he was still my little baby. The fact that he was a peanut - like Leela - also helped him to still feel like my baby ;) Take care and do something good for yourself!!!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

jd11365
10-17-2004, 11:45 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEELA!!! It seems like yesterday that you were born, of course that's a running problem around here! ;) Wishing you and mommy the happiest day ever!

And we miss you Rashmi!!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

Tondi G
10-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Happy birthday Leela!!!!

~Tondi and Mason

CBB
10-18-2004, 02:10 AM
Happy Birthday Leela!! Congrats to the proud parents!!

Eloise36
10-18-2004, 04:12 AM
Happy Birthday, Leela!!!!!

heidis2girls
10-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Happy Birthday Leela! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

toomanystrollers
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Can't wait to see all the pics of your BIG BIRTHDAY :)

hez
10-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Leela! Hope it was fantastic :)

zuzu
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Hope you had a fantastic day, Leela! :) DH shares your birthday, so I couldn't help but think about you enjoying your cake and party as we were having ours!

Rashmi--hope you're doing well. I know what a bittersweet time it can be.

Hugs,
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

billysmommy
10-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Happy Birthday Leela :) I can't wait to see pics of your (and mommy and daddy's) special day :)

amp
10-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Happy birthday Miss Leela! Hope it was a grand and magical day! Congrats Rashmi on this most incredible first year of mommyhood! Hope it was a fantastic weekend! Hugs to you both! Can't wait to see pics!

mamahill
10-18-2004, 12:37 PM
happy birthday pretty girl!! have loads of fun and give your mama big hugs today for all she has done this first year for you. congratulations to the whole family!!

babymama
10-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I was away from my computer over the weekend, but I thought about you on your bday, little Leelee. I came to the boards this AM to officially wish you the happiest bday ever - you're still celebrating, right Rashmi?

Rashmi - do you feel better now?

Hugs and kisses,
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Dcclerk
10-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Happy Birthday, Leela. I hope that it was everything you dreamed of for her, Rashmi :)