PDA

View Full Version : Juliet (jec2), how was Finn's party?

jbowman
10-17-2004, 12:48 AM
How did it go? Did Finn have a lot of fun?

Marisa6826
10-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Even more importantly, did you find your wallet? ;)

-m

jec2
10-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Ha ha! I was just posting in the other thread when you two posted this!

Here's what I wrote in the "happy birthday finn" thread (oh, and Marissa, STILL no wallet :( )

Thank you all so much for remembering us and Finn's special day. You've helped make it a very memorable one.

First, here are a couple of pics...

Finn got a wagon and Poppy is taking him for a spin this a.m. (excuse DH's and DS's pj's...it was an early a.m.!)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/15065.jpg

And, here is Finn's cake!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/15066.jpg

These so far are the only digis I have. I'll have other pics but will have to develop them.

Oh, what a day! I woke up this morning exhausted and right now am running on sugar.

We had such a fun day. I little hectic, but what day isn't? Finn was a trooper and really enjoyed the dirt and the ice in the drink bucket...oh and the mud that the two made when mixed

We had the party at a wonderful park and DH did all the table set-ups, while I was at home getting finn a morning nap. DH did a great job, even some passerbys asked if he was a professional. (I didn't get a digi of the tables but hopefully will have some on the regular film camnera). We had what I call a "Gourmet Tailgate" party and had a small local Italian restaruant cater with Panini sandwiches, tomato barley soup, tuna and white bean salad, an arugula salad, marinated peppers, asaparagus, and mozorella/tomato sticks. The caterer was a dream. A friend and I split the cost of a dozen linen table clothes from ebay (she'll use them next week for her DD's bday). This was one of the best choices as it really zazzed up the picnic area. I had a mini haybale and a scarecrow along with several gourds for each table. DH did little galvanized pails filled with halloween candy. And, then we had orange favor bags each with an orange helium balloon tied to them. Everything really did look great. We topped it all off with a pumpkin shaped cake (white and spice marble with buttercream filling) and coffee!

The weather was overcast with a marine layer and then finally upon the party's end, it burned off to be a beautiful fall day. It is now raining.

I was a little disappointed with a few things...First, none of my family came. We weren't expecting them, but had hoped. (ok, it is far to travel for a birthday--seattle to Sta. Barbara). Second, we didn't think to bring any music (light jazz or something) which would have been really nice, and, finally, the last minute cancellations and no-shows. I was kind of irked because I could have invited some of the other mommies from my mommy group. I have been feeling terrible about not inviting all of them, but since we had it catered we had a budget for X number. With these cancellations and no-shows these others really could have been invited. Also, one of our friends (married but childless) and very childish himself, freakin' shows up up at about 2 p.m. (the party started at 11 and ended at about 1:30), is hungover and brought an uninvited friend of his (a real *ss that I met at his wedding). This is not the first time he's done this. Really he does it all the time. Totally inconsiderate and I am no longer inviting him. His wife called to late yesterday to tell me she couldn't come because of some silly long-winded drama.

Anyway, this is long and rambling and probably thoroughly boring to you all on this Saturday night. I think I'm blaming the sugar

new_mommy25
10-17-2004, 03:11 AM
First of all, adorable pictures. Finn looks so serious eating that cake! It sounds like you had a great time for the most part. And I'm sure Finn truly enjoyed his day. That sucks about the no-shows. We had Noah's party catered too and it's so hard to predict a number. I hope you get some sleep :)

edited for spelling.

Marisa6826
10-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Those are great pics! Tell DH he's got some pretty snazzy jammies there ;) :P.

The party sounds wonderful - especially the menu.

I know what you mean about no-shows. I had about 16 of them at Jonathan's birthday party over the summer. It really is one of my biggest pet peeves. They're just selfish people. It cost the host money when stunts like that are pulled!

I hope you gave the hungover friend a piece of your mind!

hugs and good wallet finding vibes!

-m