PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious, who will go out Trick or Treating with DC and who will stay home and pass out candy?

rrosen
10-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Since Gabrielle is only 13 months, TOT will consist of going to one or two neighbors homes to show off her cute costume. So, for us this is not a huge deal this year. However, it occurs to me that one parent will always *miss out* on getting to go out with their child/children. I HATE answering the door for the trick or treaters since the constant opening and closing of the door drives my poor pup nuts! He is tortured by this holiday and I dread it.

So, I am hoping that I will be the one who goes out and DH the one to stay home. I have noticed that the men are more frequently the ones who come to the door with the kids, at least in our neighborhood.

What are you all planning? Do you alternate years? Silly problem and terribly inconsequential. But, I am curious.

Momof3Labs
10-17-2004, 04:03 PM
If it is a nice day (not windy, rainy, etc.), we sit outside so that the doorbell isn't constantly ringing. Or put the dogs in the yard. We only take Colin to a few houses, and will usually leave some candy by the front door so that we can both take Colin. Not sure what we'll do when he's older and wants to hit more houses - then I'll probably stay home and let daddy go with him!

MelissaTC
10-17-2004, 04:43 PM
We live in Kiddie Land central so we will walk our cul-de-sac and down the street. I think Matthew and I will decorate his wagon and I will pull him in his wagon (or maybe DH will!). He is looking forward to dressing up as a dinosaur. :)

lmintzer
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Goodness, I hadn't thought about anyone staying home to give out candy. I was so focused on the fact that Halloween is finally on a weekend so we can both enjoy it with the kids. Our plan is to go to "Boo at the Zoo" in the morning between Joshua's naps and then trick-or-treat briefly in the neighborhood. Probably, one of us (and that means me the way things ususally work at our house) will come home early with Joshua, especially if it's really cold.

HGraceMom
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
So no one feels "left out," I'll get to go to 2 houses & DH will get 3. DD will finish the evening helping us give candy to the almost 300 kids who run through our neighborhood every year... Last year she had more fun doing that than trick or treating herself!

Mommy_Again
10-18-2004, 12:54 AM
we were JUST talking about this tonight...and I am so bummed b/c I dont want either one of us to have to stay home. DS will only be 12 months, but we were going to go to another neighborhood to meet up with other friends with kids. I suggested leaving a bowl of candy at the door but DH didn't think that was proper Halloween ettiquette. I see no problem with it.

When DS is older, I will love having DH take the kids out so I can stay home and relax!