PDA

View Full Version : Great gifts $30 and under

bluej
10-17-2004, 08:21 PM
With gift giving season around the corner I thought it might be nice to get ideas of what gifts you like to receive or like to give that don't break the bank. I have no ideas to contribute at this time, which is why I'm asking for your input! Please share your ideas for all ages.

Marisa6826
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Manicure/Pedicure gift certificate
A couple DVDs or CDs
Cookbooks
Movie passes
Colander with pasta, pasta sauce, wooden spoon and pot holder
Board books for kiddos in a big plastic container for toys
Three Ts from Eddie Bauer or Lands End
Two pair of jammies from Baby Gap
Calling card and little phone book
Great bottle of wine and cheese board
Two coffee mugs and pound of coffee or tea

-m

jbowman
10-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Marisa had some great suggestions!

Here are a couple of more:

a pair of earrings or some other type of jewelry (you can get something cute from Brighton for $30 and under and the packaging is so cute I think!).

a basket with some cheese and crackers or cheese plates and some cheese

a board book & a stuffed animal or peek-a-blocks (love those!)

a fancy cake or pie from a local bakery

sweatshirt or shirt from a favorite college/university

magazine subscription

family membership to a local museum or zoo (might be a little more, but would take care of an entire family)

jd11365
10-18-2004, 12:26 AM
>family membership to a local museum or zoo (might be a little
>more, but would take care of an entire family)

What a great idea!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

jubilee
10-18-2004, 05:08 AM
I just found a fun website that gives TONS of gift ideas grouped into tons of different interests/ages/occassion . www.surprise.com I spent over an hour looking at some neat ideas for under $30!

mudder17
10-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Wow, what a great website. Some of the stuff is pretty cheesy, but they've got some really good ideas as well. Thanks!

And Jill, that idea for a zoo membership is really cool!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

Sarah1
10-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Cool site Julie!!! They've really thought of everything, haven't they????

cchavez
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
what a cool site.

I was thinking that the DVD, "ELF" would make a good present under 30.00. It is a great holiday movie for the whole family.

urquie
10-27-2004, 03:12 AM
i love this set of ten nesting bowls from crate and barrel and they are only $24.
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/itemgroups/16004_0.asp?query=nesting%20bowls&DIMID=&Page=1&fromLocation=Search

hmmm... these red ones look fun!
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/itemgroups/6309_0.asp?query=nesting%20bowls&DIMID=&Page=1&fromLocation=Search

i love chenille (sp?) lap blankets and they make great gifts. costco usually carries some for about $20

jamsmu
10-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Great ideas... here are some more

Warm pajamas for me
B & N gift certificate

June Mommy
10-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Godiva chocolates

Williams-Sonoma mixes (I was there today and they had samples of Maple bread and Maple Butter, yummy!) or kitchen soap/cleaners...I feel better about my kitchen just having the WS Dish Soap sitting by my sink

Anything personalized for baby (DS got a PBK hooded towel as a gift and I love it!)

Stationary...I've seen lots of ebay sellers that have cute, reasonable personalized cards, etc.

I'll try to think of more...

Dyonia
10-29-2004, 05:18 PM
If you like Surprise.com, you'll like this website too -- www.findgift.com I've been using it for a few years now, and its been really handy. It has this little javascript thing that you put in your "Links" bar, and when you see something as you are surfing/browsing, you can click on that icon. Up pops a little window, you fill in some info, and it adds the URL and the info to your bookmarks on the FindGift site. Its been really handy for me!

Later I'll add my favorite under $30 gifts... DD just started hollering!