PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives last night (10-17)

Marisa6826
10-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Was I only one that found this episode somewhat grating? For whatever reason, it didn't seem as snarky as the first couple of episodes.

The only redeeming thing was the spark with the bachelor and Terri H's character. Everything else seems formulaic.

What's the deal with that beastly new neighbour kid?

And I don't like ANY of the husbands. x(

*sigh*. I really had high hopes for this show...

-m

slknight
10-18-2004, 01:09 PM
We really enjoyed last night's episode. Maybe it was the mood we were in, but we definitely still found it pretty snarky. Even DH LOL'ed several times.

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything while watching the scene at the dinner party or I would have spit it out all over the place when Bree said what she did about her husband. I couldn't believe it!

Marisa6826
10-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Oh YEAH. Check out www.televisionwithoutpity.com, go to their Forums section. There's LOTS of talk about Bree's outburst ;).

-m

slknight
10-18-2004, 01:31 PM
I love TWP. I often read it. I just haven't had a chance yet today. Stupid work getting in the way. Grrr.

momathome
10-18-2004, 03:12 PM
I really liked last night's episode, particularly the dinner party scene. I am particularly interested to hear the tape that Bree snagged from the doctor's office. I am definitely hooked!

jasabo
10-18-2004, 04:16 PM
I kind of agree with you re: the lack of "snarkiness" - it reminded me a lot of a Knots Landing/Dallas/soap opera type show last night...not quite as darkly humorous as in the past. Although I did LOVE the "eat lots of cookies when dad's watching the kids" storyline. And Bree's comment at dinner was hysterical. It's still Tivo-worthy for me :)

I'm trying to figure out what's up with that bachelor. They seem to be hinting around that he's some type of agent or something, watching the neighborhood. Hmmmmm....

Lisa - mom to 16 month old twin boys

jamsmu
10-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Never heard of TWP. Oh know! I just know I'll get hooked on that!!!

jamsmu
10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Could someone please spoil the last 15 minutes for me? DS had a tough night.

Loved the dinner table scene!! I had to leave after Bree's DH left the table.

But I have to say, the Ashley little girl is a PITA!!!! And scary! (Though I found Gab teaching her to ride a bike in heels to be hysterical!!)

Marisa6826
10-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Here's the recaplet from TWOP:

Episode Report Card
377 users
A-

All hell breaks loose in the Van de Kamp marriage when Rex slips up at a neighborhood dinner party and announces that he and KimberBreee are in counseling. She retaliates by telling the crowd that Rex cries after he ejaculates. Rex then moves out. Distraught, KimberBree heads to Dr. Goldfine's office with the intention of stealing the audiotape of Rex's private sessions with the good doctor. But she ends up stealing an entirely different patient's tape: Mary Alice's. Elsewhere in the nabe, Susan has issues with her jackass ex-husband and accidentally locks herself out of the house, buck-naked. In better news for poor Susan, she also drags Mysterious Mike with her to the Rex Cries When He Ejaculates Dinner Party, and they have real, actual chemistry. Mike also admits that Susan's one hot naked lady, which I'm sure is true. Gabrielle gets caught making out with Miguel by her newest neighbor -- a little girl, who basically blackmails Gabrielle into being her friend. Paul (Mr. Mary Alice) is a totally freaky creep show who may or may not be drugging his son, and who, at the end of the episode, puts Casa Mary Alice up for sale. Does this have anything to do with the fact that the Mysterious Toy Chest of doom was discovered...full of human remains? Probably. And finally, Gay Matt makes an appearance and does a whole lot of pooh-poohing of Lynette's responsibilities as a stay-at-home mom, until he has to spend an evening with the hellspawn. He then puts on a sombrero, makes his wife a margarita, and slow dances with her in the kitchen. I never thought I'd say these words, but I kind of want to marry Gay Matt.

-m

jamsmu
10-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Too funny!! I just went on to the TWP site and read this review!! I had no idea that was "gay Matt!!"

Thanks, m!