PDA

View Full Version : why is my baby an angel with everyone but me ??

TraciG
10-18-2004, 04:28 PM
She's good with my mother & in-laws but when she see's me she starts complaining, crying , what's the deal, she'll complain with them a little but with me it's much much worse, sometimes they'll tell me to leave the room, that she was fine until she saw me, she will be a year the 29th, does anyone else have this problem too ??

s_gosney
10-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Traci-

I certainly don't have the answer to why, but I wanted to say that I often feel this way too. Usually when I get to Kylee's daycare to pick her up, she cries when she sees me. Sometimes she laughs and smiles, but often she cries. I think that with her, seeing me is a reminder that she wants milk! I don't know if you're still nursing or not, but that's one possibility.
Another thing that I think comes into play is that mommy is baby's comforter, and they can just let it all hang out around you, KWIM? Babies can't say "Boy, mommy...I've had a hard day. I sure need a hug and some one-on-one time with you." So instead, they communicate the only way they can and cry.

>sometimes they'll tell me to leave the room, that she was fine until she saw me

This makes me really sad. I hope they say it in jest, but I still think that's a terrible thing to say. It's bad enough to feel that way, then to have someone tell you too...:(

Like I said, no real answers here, but I hope this helps a little. I'm sure that one day our strong-willed feisty little girls will use their strong personalities to wow the world. Chin up, mama!

s7714
10-18-2004, 05:20 PM
My DD is 19 months and she is the same way. With me she'll fight diaper changes, nose/face or hand wipe offs, etc. But if Daddy does it...oh she could care less. If I leave her with someone else, she'll be prefectly fine with them the whole time, but the minute she sees me it's crying or screaming. It honestly seems like she's just mad at me for leaving and is letting me know about it!

FWIW, I've read that often the parent who is the primary care giver (regardless of day care, etc.) is often the person the child feels most comfortable in "showing their true feelings" to. But that is also the person they are going to constantly try to push their boundries with to see how much they can get away with.

DH always jokes that she just cooperates with him because she's scared he's going to do something wrong during a diaper change or something. He says she's thinking "o.k., if I am really still for Daddy, maybe he'll be able to get my diaper on right..."

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

TraciG
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
it doesn't thrill me that my MIL tells me Sydney complains when she see's me, but she doesn't say it meanly. Oh yes she also fights diaper changes & having her face wiped after eating, you'd think I was torturing her ! I hardly am every away from her since i'm a SAHM.

That's funny about your DH !