PDA

View Full Version : The birthday is set!

KBecks
10-18-2004, 06:48 PM
I had an amnio this morning to check his lungs, and unfortunately DS wasn't ready for birth today. His arrival is now scheduled for around noon on Thursday, October 22. Our 5 year anniversary is the 23rd, so he will be our anniversary present!

After a nice day off, I'm going back to work for Tues. and Wednesday. Working 2 days shouldn't be that bad.

DH is setting up the car seat in the car now, and I'll unwrap the bassinet later tonight.

KBecks

MelissaTC
10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Wishing you all the best on DS's arrival. :)

jbowman
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Good luck! It will all go by so quickly, so enjoy and best wishes!

Marisa6826
10-18-2004, 07:34 PM
How very exciting!!

Are you being induced or having a c/s?

I personally loved having a specific date for both my deliveries. Some surprises I can do without ;) :P

Now go get that last pedicure!

hugs

-m

KBecks
10-18-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm having a c-section, due to prior surgery on my uterus.
They "weighed" the baby today during the ultrasound and said he's about 7 pounds. We got more ultrasound pictures, but it's hard to tell what the kiddo looks like. Can't wait to meet him.

KBecks

mudder17
10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh, that's great news! Enjoy these last few days with DH and pamper yourself and get lots of sleep! I ended up being induced, and I liked having a set due date. :) Of course, even after DD was here, I couldn't imagine going through the birth--what if I don't know what to do, etc.... Oh, how exciting for you! Wishing all the best!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

amazz
10-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey weren't we due on the same day? the 15th? Ahh due dates, gotta love 'em. :) Seriously, I hope everything goes really well for you and you get your little boy home safe and sound!!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-18-2004, 10:12 PM
How wonderful...our thoughts will be with you and we can't wait to hear the update of the arrival!!!!!

Get some rest!!!!
Hugs!
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

s_gosney
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
How exciting! Is it going to be on thursday the 21st? If so, your ds and my dd will be bday buddies. The 22nd is friday...I'd hate to see you go to the hospital on the wrong day!

Puddy73
10-18-2004, 11:02 PM
What a wonderful anniversary present! Don't work too hard Tuesday and Wednesday - try to pamper yourself a little before the big event!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

pritchettzoo
10-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Okay, everyone told me this and I sort of laughed it off, but seriously, between now and then, SLEEP! I was up seventeen thousand times a night having to pee, and then the days before my induction I was too anxious to sleep, but I so wish I had gotten some Ambien or gotten DH to knock me unconscious with a 2x4. :)

Good luck with all your last-minute preps. And get some sleep!

Anna

Saartje
10-19-2004, 03:22 AM
Funny... A week before my DS was born, the OB thought he'd be around 7 lbs. The day before he was born (on the day of induction), the guessed his weight from ultrasound and thought he was 8 lbs. He was, in fact, 9 lbs. 9 oz. :P

Congratulations, and I hope it all goes well for you! Good luck.

KBecks
10-19-2004, 09:54 AM
I originally thought it WOULD be the 15th, but with the c-section, the doctors are in charge. For the longest time, doc was saying the 15th, which was a Friday, then he asked me what day... so I chose Monday, so we'd have one last peaceful weekend!

However, the lung maturity test was off by one point -- so we're waiting.

I read your birth story, it sounded scary, but I'm so glad that you were able to go to the hospital and get things checked out right away! I'm the type of person who is very "wait and see" and it's good to know that the medical attention was availalbe right away for you.

Actually, I realized that Thursday is the 21st... so that will be the date, 10-21-04

KBecks

KBecks
10-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Hmm... when my doc measured just manually and with the tape, he guessed low 6's, then with the ultrasound (different doc), she estimated 7 lbs. Perhaps he'll arrive larger as well!

I'm taking newborn size outfits to the hospital and a few 0-3 months -- I'm confident he'll have something that fits.

KBecks

Tori_s mom
10-19-2004, 10:41 AM
I'll be thinking about you guys on Thurs. I hope everything goes very well. And I agree w/pp: SLEEP! The worst thing about hospitals is that they are not quiet. :)

Tori was our anniversary present, too. She was a week late but worth the wait!

Tasha
Tori (3/11/04)

steph2003
10-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Can't wait to see pics of the little one :)