PDA

View Full Version : OT: Betty Crocker points/catalog ordering?

houseof3boys
10-18-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't know what made me finally notice all of these points that Betty Crocker products have on the box top but does anyone do this? I just went online and ordered a catalog from the website, but I'm still trying to decipher the points and pricing structure. Before I exhaust myself (hee hee), I figured you gals and guys would know if this was worth the effort. They seem to have some cute things and if it's cheaper, I don't mind saving box tops!

Thoughts? TIA! :)

KrisM
10-18-2004, 10:23 PM
They've changed their format recently. It used to be a really good deal, but you'd need lots of points. I got all my silverware and Pfalzgraf (sp?) from them, but needed 500+ points. Now, you only need points for certain dollar amounts for the total order. Or, you can just pay cash. I don't think it's such a great deal any more. But, they do offer a good variety and everything I've bought from them has been good quality. I do still order from them. Of course, I have about 500 points saved up :).

jubilee
10-19-2004, 04:31 AM
I have probably 4000-6000 points and have no idea why. The points are only good for discounts on products, and for that many points I'd like to get something for FREE!

houseof3boys
10-19-2004, 03:04 PM
So with that many thousands of points, you still have to pay for part of it?

rottiemom
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I've bought from the Betty Crocker Catalog a number of times. I'm Fiesta ware addicted and they have some great pieces done exclusively for Betty Crocker which you can't get anywhere else. But their prices seem to be about average & you can do better on a lot of their kithen stuff elsewhere if you hunt.

However with an 8 month old my hunting time & energy has been pretty limited! One stop catalog shopping has it's appeal. And I do agree with the PP who said that for all of those points you should be getting something free, although sometimes BC will give you a choice of freebie with purchase.

I've never had a problem with any of the fiestaware that I've purchased from them & I've found their customer service to be top notch FWIW.

Nina