PDA

View Full Version : Woe is me

s_gosney
10-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Can I please whine for just a minute here? Yesterday was Kylee's party and she fussed the whole way through it and wouldn't even touch her cake. This morning her front top gums were a little swollen and tonight it looks like the tooth will probably break through by morning. Dh had to leave this morning for a week of training. Today is my birthday and Thursday is Kylee's birthday. I have a big paper due tomorrow that's only half done. And, Kylee apparently caught the stomach bug. She just threw up more than I have ever seen her do before. I managed to get my puke-soaked clothes off, but she screamed when I sat her down to do that, so I didn't dare hop in the shower. So, now I smell like sour milk. Thankfully she seems to feel better post throwing up and post tylenol and orajel and has finally went to sleep. The end. Thanks for listening. Now off to write my paper...

jec2
10-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh, sherri, a big hug. Sorry you've had a rough couple of days. Happy Birthday! I'm sending a big happy birthday wish your way. You really impress me with doing school and having a baby. Although I am a graduate student too, I am far beyond classes and assignments etc. I find it hard enough now without all that so I just sit here in awe of what you do on top of being such a good mama.

papal
10-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Oh Sherri! A great big fat hug to you girlie! Happy Birthday! Here is wishing that the stomach bug clears up Thursday, the tooth pops through, your paper is submitted and done and Thursday is a wonderful wonderful day for you and Kylee. You are an amazing amazing mom to do what you do, study and take care of Kylee. Hugs to you!

jbowman
10-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Happy birthday, Sherri!

Sorry that you are having such a rough time! ITA with Juliet--balancing a baby and school must be very tough. I'm on the other, er, dark side now, LOL--as professor. Quite honestly I cannot imagine doing my school work and taking care of a baby--so hat's off to you!

Take a shower, order a birthday pizza, and do what you need to do to finish that paper!

lrucci
10-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Sherri,

Happy Birthday!! I hope your day gets better.

I don't know how you do it. I got tired just from reading your post. I'm sorry poor Kylee isn't feeling good, and right around her birthday no less. When it rains, it pours.

My Kyleigh sends hugs to your Kylee and we hope she is feeling better real soon.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

squimp
10-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Oh I hope Kylee feels better so soon. Isn't it amazing how we will endure being covered in baby puke for these little ones?

Good luck with your paper. When I was in grad school, all I did was work in the lab all day and drink beer all night. I cannot imagine taking care of a baby, planning a birthday party and working so hard. You ARE amazing!

pritchettzoo
10-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Um, Happy Birthday?

Is your professor sympathetic enough to give you an extension? I always wrote my papers in the middle of the night right before they were due, but I didn't have the added bonus of a baby, much less a sick one!

Good luck. Hope the rest of the big birthday week improves.

Anna

jubilee
10-19-2004, 04:26 AM
I will sure be hoping that somehow you get a BIG break- your honey will feel better, you'll get the paper done in record time, and that something wonderful will happen too! Poor Kylee not feeling good :( It can't be fun working this hard now, but focus on the end result and remember how worth it that this time will be. And boy does your hubby OWE YOU BIG!!! :) Happy birthday to both of you,

new_mommy25
10-19-2004, 05:39 AM
Happy Birthday Sherri!

I'm sorry things are so crummy. If it helps, I take showers with Noah all the time. He's usually content to sit down and play toys or stand holding on to my leg or the side. I also pick him up to rinse him. They get slippery so just keep a good grip! If I didn't shower with him then I would never be clean.

mudder17
10-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh, Sherri, big hugs to you! I'm amazed that you can juggle school, a baby, illness of both you and the baby, and all by yourself too! I've been a teacher for a while now, and took an indefinitely leave of absence to become a SAHM because I couldn't imagine trying to juggle the responsibilities of being a teacher (60+ hours a week) with being a mom! My hats off to you. I wish you and Kylee good healthy vibes, a great paper, and a wonderful birthday on Thursday. I'm glad she's already feeling a bit better. Now I hope you feel better soon!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

ismommy
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Hope that Kylee is feeling better and that you had a good bday and that your paper is done.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

steph2003
10-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Awwww! hugs to you. I hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon. And remember birthdays are for celebrating all week...all month if you want!!!!

babymama
10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR SHERI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Sorry you're having a rough couple of days. Little Kyleeis so lucky to have a mommy who would rather smell like sour milk than upset her by taking time to shower.

Sending you the biggest of hugs!!! Good luck on your paper.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03