PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun, What is your DC's favorite song?

new_mommy25
10-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Noah is VERY picky about his music and is very vocal about it. He will scream until his favorite song comes on and then settle down with a smile. I have sat in the back seat of the car and watched this process.

His favorite song is "The Puppy Song" by Henry Neilson.

If only I could have that puppy
I'd call myself so very lucky
Just to have some company
and share a cup of tea with me

I could sing that song in my sleep and often walk around holding DS and singing it to soothe him.

momathome
10-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Kasey's current favorite song is "Yellow Submarine" - she is going through a hardcore Beatles faze right now - she is also partial to "Love Me Do" and "From Me to You". :)

HGraceMom
10-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Hop Hop Hippity Hop on the "For the Kids" CD - Ever since this summer:
DD was having a meltdown while sitting in traffic on our way into Chicago - Hop Hop came on, we all started "Hopping" in our seats and she switched the grumpies right off. We got lots of funny looks from people in cars around us, but then most of them realized what we were doing and laughed along with us. My 22yo brother was in the back seat with her and was mortified someone might see him being so silly - I told him he'd be her favorite uncle at the end of the drive, for sure!

Close seconds are "Willy the King" and "You are my Sunshine."

rrosen
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Gabrielle is VERY picky about music too. She won't eat unless the radio is on. She signs music and *dances* in her chair, while whining loudly until I find a station playing the *right* song. We go through this ritual at every meal. And I never know what she will want as her musical accompaniment, her taste is very eclectic. One day it will be County, another Classic Rock and still another Alternative. She is a funny little girl with a mind of her own.

In the car, her favorite song by far is Laurie Berkner's "Blow a Kiss" She loves blowing kisses!

Jen in Chicago
10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey Jude... just kidding.

Freddy Bear the Teddy Bear (who lives on top of a mountain made of Chocolate cake,....) by Ralph's World. He also likes Under the Sea by Ralph's world. He has car seat dances he does to both.

jbowman
10-19-2004, 09:59 AM
When she was younger, Ellie loved "99 Bottles of Beers," LOL! Now her taste is a bit more sophisticated. Ellie's favorite song, hands down, is "Can't Get You Out of My Head" by Kylie Minogue (and all of the rest of the songs on the album for that matter). DH and I say that we should write Ms. Minogue a thank-you letter!

Tori_s mom
10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Tori really likes songs we make up for her. I made up a song for her to the tune of Sugar (sugar....aw honey, honey). Every time she hears me sing it, she gets a big grin.

Tasha
Tori (3/11/04)

KrisM
10-19-2004, 10:49 AM
No favorite song yet, but DS calms right down when Lucinda Williams is on. I have a couple of CDs in the car, just in case.

I also have a tune that I made up. Sometimes, it has words. He likes that, too.

Misha412
10-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Believe it or not, DS adores Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" -- he giggles like mad (photo attached from first time we sang it to him) Warren croons "Ar-ooo...Werewolves of London!"

He is also loving "Five Little Pumpkins" which I just started singing to him in honor of Halloween!

Laurelsmom2002
10-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Well for nap time its the Graceland album by Paul Simon, ever since she was about 7 mo old, for car its Buzz Buzz by Laurie Berkener, I've gotta get on amazon now and look for blowing kisses, I'm a little over Buzz Buzz and victor vito

alkagift
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Currently it's "Old MacDonald" so he can try to sing the E-I-E-I-O part!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Laurelsmom2002
10-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Just found "blow a Kiss" - yep had ta order that one too- sigh, I gotta stay off this board- too many good things

Marisa6826
10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Sophie LOVES the Graceland CD! I've been playing it since she was in utero (basically because it's one of my all time faves ;) ).

"Under African Skies" is one of her fave tracks.

Her other big fave song is "Three Little Monkeys Jumping on a Bed".

She's also pretty keen to that Counting Crows song from Shrek 2.

Quite a difference, huh? :P

-m

Momof3Labs
10-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Last night it was You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story. I'm a Believer (version on Shrek soundtrack) is popular too. So is Victor Vito, Buzz Buzz and Wimoweh (sp??) from Laurie Berkner. Wiggles are pretty universally accepted.

Colin is VERY into music these days; it makes car rides so much more fun!! I want to try a good Beatles album next and see how that goes over. The Beach Boys were very popular with my cousin when he was a toddler, so maybe we'll try them, too!

mamaturk
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Reilly loves "Sally the Camel" from one of the Barney CD's. She has never watched Barney before but she does like to listen to the cd in the car. Lucky Mommy, Huh?

pritchettzoo
10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Gracie loved Outkast's "Hey Ya"--when she was a tiny cranky monkey, it would calm her right down. We hadn't heard it it months until this weekend. We were in Target and it came on one of the tvs in the electronic department (DH was drooling over iPods). She got SO excited and had to dance and clap.

I sing "Snuggle Puppy" (Sandra Boynton by Eric Stolz) every night as she goes to sleep.

She's also a big Paul Simon fan, especially "Obvious, Child." That was a huge hit in utero as she would kick to the drum beats.

Anna

Saartje
10-19-2004, 12:54 PM
When he's very, very sleepy but is fussing, nothing else works but The Black Velvet Band. (DH sings Waltzing Matilda under the same circumstances, but apparently that's not the right song for Mommy to sing.)

When he's awake and playing, it's a song we made up for him (and are still making up, in fact): The Mr. Monkey Song. The chorus of this song is simply "Wakka-wakka, wakka-wakka, wakka-wakka wak" sung to the tune; a few days ago, Isaac very clearly repeated "Wakka!" after DH said it to him. :D (My mother says I get to put that in his baby book as his first word. I disagree, but it's still fun.)

For recorded music, he likes the Cowboy Bebop soudtrack best. We listened to that a lot while he was in utero, and he liked it then, too, judging from how he wiggled.

MelissaTC
10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Matthew loves "It's Pajama Time!" and "Snugglepuppy" from the Philadelphia Chickens cd. He is also a huge fan of the Barenaked Ladies, especially "If I Had a Million Dollars". He could listen to it all day long...

flagger
10-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Hurt as sung by Johnny Cash (written by Trent Reznor from NIN)

&

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters - Elton John

mamagoosie
10-19-2004, 03:12 PM
She LOVES "Hot Commodity" from Under a Shady Tree (Laurie Berkner)-- my favorite Laurie CD

Other faves:
Sing and I Don't want to Live on the Moon (Sesame Street)
ABCs

darby24
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Another child addicted to his own music. You can't listen to anything else but his cd's in the car.

My nephew is really enjoying songs that have actions in them right now. His two favourite songs have parts where you have to clap, stretch, tap your toes and so on. I'll never forget driving him home a week ago, listening to 'Shake my Sillies Out' and looking in the rear view mirror to see his arms stretched way up high. Cute!

1. Time to sing - Raffi (live version preferred)

2. Shake my sillies out - Raffi (live version preferred)

3. Codfish Ball - John Lithgow

4. Baby Beluga - Raffi. This song has been a lifesaver. All you have to do is hum the tune to calm him down.

Mommie2MadLyn
10-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Funny...Madison's favorite is "Alice the Camel" from the Little People CD. I knew it was supposed to say Sally!

drsweetie
10-20-2004, 10:23 AM
DD's got two songs she really likes:

"It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones
and the theme to "The Tavis Smiley Show" on NPR

Go figure!

Ellen

cvharris
10-20-2004, 01:25 PM
DS likes to watch/dance to the music videos on VH1 in the early mornings. His current favorite is "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas. :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

jk3
10-20-2004, 01:45 PM
"Day is Done" by Peter, Paul + Mary. One of my parents' friends, a mother of 4 young children, gave me a P, P & M cd when my DS was born. She included in the note that this cd helped her through many a trying time. My DS immediately calms down when we play it.

He also likes the Free to Be You + Me cd which I enjoyed as a child - the record not the cd!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Puddy73
10-20-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but DD's favorite song is the disco classic "Shake, Shake, Shake Your Booty." She sings, shakes and claps whenever I put in that CD. Her favorite sleepytime song is "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" on the Sesame Street Platinum CD.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

brigmaman
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Lol! I knew there was a reason I sing "Sally!!"

wagner36
10-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Charlie loves the Tavis Smiley theme song too! He dances every time. He also gets really excited when the pre-news chime song comes on....

missmelis01
10-21-2004, 12:02 AM
"Three Blind Mice." My DS can be crying hysterically, and when I start singing that song, he breaks into giggles.

He also likes the song I made up to the "Frosty the Snowman" tune.

Fun question! :-)

Imperia
10-21-2004, 05:36 AM
DD loves music. Some of her favourites are:

"Let's call the whole thing off" --Fred Astaire (she just loves Fred!)

"(When we are dancin') I get Ideas" -- Louis Armstrong

"Babyface" -- sung by yours truly sometimes with special words just for her. (This is the song I sing when we are in the car and she gets upset and I can't pull over, almost always works).

She also seems to be a huge fan of Opera, go figure. Must take fater her mama and maternal grandpa (my DH hates Opera).