PDA

View Full Version : Please post when you receive your packages from me!!!

BrownieFairy
10-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm looking and looking to see if a package that was sent a week ago arrived yet. Please be sure to post when you receive your brownie fairy packages. The fairy wants to know that everything is arriving safely!!

babymama
10-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Sorry I didn't post earlier!!! I was out of town over the weekend and I think the package came on Saturday. We loved the scrumptous brownies! Those were homemade, right - too yummy for even the G'deli triple chocolate mix. You frosted them, too ! I'm so glad that you sent them already made because it's too hot here to turn on my oven. I shared a couple brownies with a friend who just had a baby. Took her a big bag of hand-me-downs and wrapped up a couple of brownies - it made her day! It felt good to share the Brownie love. Santiago is fascinated with the blue bunny book. The fuzzy cover makes him laugh when the blue bunny nibbles on his neck at the end of the book. He shrieks as it gets closer and then tickles him. I love the tea light lantern. I've always eyed those at IKEA, and never bought one for myself. Thanks for making my day. BTW - my DH had a hard time with the BF concept. Him: "So who sent you the package?", Me: "I don't know that's part of the fun", Him: "So you REALLY don't know, or you just don't want to say", Me: "Well, I know that it was the BF, but I don't know who my BF is", Him: "Hmmmm (silence....) So the BF sends everyone in your club [his name for the BBB board] a package?" I finally showed him the card, and even though he still didn't quite get it, I think that satisfied him.

One last thing, I got the package just as I needed a pick me up! I had just driven 4 hours with DS in the car by myself. He was really unhappy for the last hour and a 1/2, and cried and screamed. I tried stopping and letting him eat, walk around a bit, and that helped but each time we'd get back in the car, he'd WAIL. Finally, I started singing songs from "Sigining Time" to him and that calmed him. If I stopped to take a breath he'd whimper and then cry if I paused too long in between songs. So when I walked in the door after that very LONG last 1.5 hours of the trip....I was very happy to see something cheerful waiting for me.

Thanks again,
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03