PDA

View Full Version : OT - Question for bakers: Cupcake tins?

peasprout
10-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I accidentally bought aluminum cupcake tins instead of cupcake liners and i noticed that the tins come with liners in between. The instructins say to throw them away, but they look like the liners I was intending to buy in the first place. Is it ok to use those to line my cupcake pans with? TIA!
JP

pritchettzoo
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I use them. I think it's just Reynolds trying to sell more cupcake liners! :)

Anna

Meatball Mommie
10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Ditto - I have no idea what Reynolds is trying to pull with that one :) Sometimes I like the aluminum (I think it looks fancier!) but for home, I just use the paper. HTH

HannaAddict
10-20-2004, 12:34 AM
I've actually separated them and used both. The foil and paper alone work fine. You'll get twice as many cupcakes or muffins!

hcsl
10-20-2004, 02:24 PM
You're supposed to use the aluminum ones when you don't have a muffin pan available. You can put them out on a cookie sheet and fill them and they retain their shape while baking. They're really convenient when you just have enough batter left for 2 or 3 muffins/cupcakes and don't want to have to wash an entire pan.

As others have said, the paper ones are fine to use with the pan.

kelly ann
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
You can definitely use both. However, I used both one time and DH pointed out that 1/3 of the muffin/cupcake sticks to the paper cup. Now DH only wants the foil cups - how high maintenance is that!