PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the February 2003 issue of Parents magazine?

brigmaman
10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
There's a craft I'd like to make from that issue. I have a picture of it, but I don't have the instructions. I tried to search the Parents archives and had no luck.
Thanks!

amp
10-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Trish - I wouldn't have the whole issue, but there is a chance I cut out the page w/ the craft if I thought it was cute. I tear out pages and save them. Also, check your local library. They often carry back issues of magazines. Good luck!

brigmaman
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Andrea, the craft is a scrapbook for a newborn. I'm interested in putting one together with blanks for our friend whose shower is on Monday. It's on the same page as a time capsule for a newborn. I haven't checked the library yet. That will be next!

amp
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Sorry, don't have that one. I'd check the library. In fact, call the closest one and see if they have it before you trek there. They'll be able to tell you if they have that issue before making you go there. And if they don't have it, they might be able to get it for you.

cma
10-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Another reason to justify to DH why I need a bedroom devoted to my crafts - someone might need a magazine from my files. :)

Book of Memories

What you need:

*sewing machine
*Three-ring binder
*1/2 yard ultrasuede
*matching thread
*scissors
*scalloped scissors
*ruler
*straight pins
*ribbon
*cameo backing
*rubber stamp for initial
*stamp pad
*decorative paper
*colored card stock
*photo pockets
*glue stick
*fabric glue

To make:

Measure enough ultrasuede to cover exterior and interior of the binder.

Sew along the top and bottom edges, creating a book jacket.

Slide binder inside, smoothing edges under the interior spine.

Decorate the front of the book with ribbon, a cameo charm, or trinkets of your own.

For the pages, cut sheets and dividers from decorative paper or card stock.

Glue photo pockets onto some pages, or adhere items directly onto pages.

Good Luck

brigmaman
10-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Wow! Thanks a ton! So much easier than trekking to my library w/ds in tow at 38 weeks preggo!
Much appreciated!