PDA

View Full Version : GO RED SOX GO!!!!!!!!!!

toomanystrollers
10-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Yes, I know I posted an almost identical thread this time last year :) but what the heck!! Like the t-shirt, "WHY NOT US?"

rrosen
10-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Pam,
I have the worst *baseball hangover* ever from the last two nights. Please, Please, Please, let the Sox win this one big and early.

I BELIEVE!!!!

kthomp
10-19-2004, 09:32 PM
GO SOX!!!!!!

We need to score early tonight, no one can take another 14 innings of agony. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack last night!

If anyone can come back from 3 down, it's this Sox team. The hopes of this whole area are ridding on them. Please win, for the sake of our sanity!

ismommy
10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
LOL! Even though I am in DC - Boston will always be my hometown and have to say there are no crazier fans out there. So even though I am not paying attention - I will join in and say GO SOX!
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

JMS
10-19-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm jumping in to: "GO RED SOX, GO!"
Rebecca, I totally agree about the "baseball hangover".. too funny!
We stayed up as well, then DD decided she wanted to play from about 3:30 to 5am. But I still couldn't wait to read through the highlights in the newspaper this morning and relive the glory! :)

ErinMC
10-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Yay!! I agree! And I love the "baseball hangover" comment. I was SOOO tired when I heard DS at 5:45 this morning. As my husband put it this morning, he didn't think he could take another game.

And DH is a die-hard Yankees fan! Needless to say, we've had a couple tense nights of baseball in our house!

Go Sox!

MelissaTC
10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
LOL. DH is committing the ultimate sin by rooting for Boston. I guess he is totally fed up with the Yankees winning all the time. The rule in our house used to be that we root for ANYONE that is playing agains the Yankees (we are Mets fans) EXCEPT for Boston. We don't root for Boston or Georgetown...EVER. LOL. But I guess DH broke the rules tonight! :)

mudder17
10-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, at the risk of offending anyone, I'm an Anti-Yankee fan. I am a nostalgic Cubs fan (grew up in Chicago), but last year I rooted for the Red Sox and the Cubs, so...GO RED SOX, GO, GO, GO!!!!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

toomanystrollers
10-19-2004, 11:41 PM
I had to take a mini-break. 4 - 0 :) I'm keeping everything crossed!!!!!!!!!!

GO SOX GO!!!!

mharling
10-19-2004, 11:59 PM
> Yes, I know I posted an almost identical thread this time last year

At least you can post *your* thread again. I posted the Cubs thread last year. :(

I'll chime in for you too..... GO SOX!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

mudder17
10-20-2004, 12:05 AM
>At least you can post *your* thread again. I posted the Cubs
>thread last year. :(

I feel your pain! :( But alas, I guess we have to wait another 20 years?! I hope not!

But for now, it's kind of fun to say .... GO RED SOX!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

pritchettzoo
10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Okay, our team is out so we're rooting for the Red Sox. Can you believe the crowd? WTH? Look how many cops in RIOT GEAR are on the field. And the umps actually made the right call!

Anna

rrosen
10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
WOOOHOOOOO!

YAY! YAY! YAY!

I have the worst stomach ache from watching this game but, YAY!!!!!!

Reverse the curse!

toomanystrollers
10-20-2004, 01:17 AM
BELIEVE IN RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

See you ladies tommorow night :) Man, I'm going to need some java in the morning!!

kthomp
10-20-2004, 01:40 AM
WE WON!!!!!

I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised by this team. Curt Schilling totally rocked, and he's hurt. He's really something special. I'm so glad he came here.

DH put red socks on Ally on Sunday, and you bet that she hasn't taken them off since! She has them on under her sleeper right now.

If we can win tomorrow, we are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!! Heavens above please let us win tomorrow.

arcoe
10-20-2004, 01:46 AM
I can't believe they forced game 7....woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Bostonian by birth, but now reside in NJ. I work in NYC. Imagine the looks I got today when I showed up to work in my black business suit, with red shirt and Red Sox baseball hat. Let's just say that my DH begged me not to wear it on the subway to keep safe :)

I cannot wait for tomorrow (or should I say, later today at this point).

GO SOX!!!

momathome
10-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Curt Schilling really IS that special! As a die-hard Phillies fan over here, I was in love with him when he was with us. Nobody played harder or was more dedicated. He was also deeply involved in charity work when he lived in this region, getting very involved in pediatric cancer causes as well as his own Curt's Pitch for ALS. I had the pleasure of meeting him, Shonda, and his darling little children Gehrig and Gabrielle at a Children's Hospital Oncology Halloween Party - just marvelous people. It was a sad day in Philly when he left for Arizona. Although I can happily root for the Red Sox after having lived there for 6 years - we went to many games at Fenway and Liza attended her first when she was only 4 months-old. GO SOX, GO!!!

heidis2girls
10-20-2004, 10:38 AM
WOO HOO!!! It is amazing that they have come back to tie the series! They played so well during the last two games. We watched the whole game on Monday night but we didn't stay up to watch last night. We will be watching tonight, though!

DH lived right near Fenway Park when we first started dating. It was so much fun!

GO SOX!!!!

billysmommy
10-20-2004, 10:45 AM
What a good game.....it's makes it much easier for us to watch when they take an early lead. And I thought the umps did such a good job with the calls.
Let's win tonight and on to the WORLD SERIES :)

candybomiller
10-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Let's hear it for the New York Jeters! I mean....Yankees.

Quite honestly the only reason I care is because if NY wins, more opportunity to watch Derek Jeter. :) Yummy.

sunny2003
10-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Hope that this is the year and we go all the way - but I get so tense watching these showdowns that I have to watch something else and click back and forth! Yikes. But I have my red socks on right now and hope for the best!

During that marathon game 5, dh and I went to bed around midnight with the score tied - he even woke up in the middle of night to got the bathroom and then turned on the computer and checked the final score!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

toomanystrollers
10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I had a Starbucks Vente Carmel - marchi-whatever at 5pm in preparation for another late night :)

kthomp
10-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Pam-

I just drank some tea, and I plan on having many more! I hope it's calming effects kick in soon, because I am so anxious about the game!

Let's hope we have a real late night- up celebrating that is!

Go SOX!!!!

rrosen
10-20-2004, 08:16 PM
I need to brew some coffee. Though I am so tense already that it is probably a dangerous idea. Please let this next hour pass quickly, this day has dragged on forever! My brother (who is a Yankee season ticket holder) has been calling to torment me all day. He keeps threatening to call me from the game at every inning. Good thing I have caller id! My Mom is a die hard Sox Fan (she was raised in MA and her father had season tickets for decades and decades) and my Dad is a lifetime NYer and is a die hard Yankee Fan. My Mom says that their home is a war zone, and they have been watching the games on different TVs! This madness must end. Bring down the evil empire. It is our turn!

C'mon 8 o'clock. I am aging by the minute.

kthomp
10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Down with the empire! "May the force be with us." :-)

heidis2girls
10-20-2004, 08:50 PM
I had a large Dunkin Donuts iced coffee at 4:00pm in anticipation of a late night!

GO SOX!!!!!

barbarhow
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
We have a bi-baseball family....DH is a lifelong Red Sox fan and I am a life long Yankee fan. Yeah-go ahead and boo me. We made a deal when I was pregnant with Jack-#1 would cheer for The Red Sox and the NY Giants and #2 would go "the other way" with the Yankees and the Patriots.
Now before you all boo me down....I am anxiously awaiting tonights game. My father will flip flop in his urn (my grandfather, too), but I really want the Red Sox to win. My reasons are plenty-but one of them is I don't want my son raised forever waiting to end "the curse". Oh these poor fans.....All of you-I hope your team wins tonight!!!

tinkerbell1217
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
I 2nd that! Go Yanks!!!! Jeter, A-Rod, it's ALL good!

LD92599
10-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I'll 3rd that notion!!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

toomanystrollers
10-20-2004, 10:18 PM
THE FORCE IS WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :)

pritchettzoo
10-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Maybe the Jesus look isn't just a fashion statement? ;)

Anna

DDowning
10-20-2004, 11:50 PM
We're in California, I married a transplanted Bostonian and a huge Sox/Pats fan. The last few nights have just totally evolved around baseball. It got so bad Saturday when they were being crushed that I had to take DS out of the house. Thank goodness he's not a parrot yet! DH has already reserved airfair and tickets at Fenway for Saturday night. I won't let him go to Superbowl this year because its too close to the baby being born so this would be a happy medium.

When's November again? :P

kthomp
10-21-2004, 01:15 AM
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!

WE WON WE WON WE WON!

I can't believe it, this is so awesome.

On to the World Series!

mudder17
10-21-2004, 01:15 AM
That's so awesome that the Red Sox finally broke the Yankees' hold! I'm still a Cubbies fan, but this year, I'm a Red Sox fan. Go Red Sox!!!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya

sunny2003
10-21-2004, 01:34 AM
How sweet it is! How can you sleep now in Red Sox Nation?

Viv

zen_bliss
10-21-2004, 04:06 AM
holy cats!

as a former boyfriend and boston native once said... to be a sox fan is to know a relentless cycle of hope and heartbreak.

DH and his oldest friends were on constant phone conference throughout the game. woo hoo!

kijip
10-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Yea!!!! I root against the Yankees and Alex Rodriguez (I am from Seattle!) whenever I can.

billysmommy
10-21-2004, 07:40 AM
OMG, We still can't believe it. DH and I woke up this morning and asked each other if it really happened :) My family has been die-hard Sox fans forever and while DH used to just like them, we have turned him into a full-fledged fan :)
We share season tickets with another couple and this year we had the play-off tickets (game 4 of Anaheim series, so we didn't get to use them) and they have tickets to Game 2 of the Series. That would have been so exciting :)

barbarhow
10-21-2004, 08:11 AM
FINALLY!!!! Thank Goodness. My household is a happy one this morning.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

rrosen
10-21-2004, 08:42 AM
So this is what it feels like to have a winning team????
Yeah!!! So exciting.
Now lets go all the way!!!!!!!

OK, so is anyone else old enough to feel the sting when when Bucky Dent tossed out that first pitch?

Oh Happy Day!
Can't wait until Sat. Now we need to watch tonight to see if we will be facing The Rocket. Oh the irony.

toomanystrollers
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
My stomach is still in knots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH HAPPY DAY :) And by pure coincidence, Neve has slept ALL NIGHT for the past three nights (she hasn't done this in months)???? so the SOX need to keep on winning!!!!!

ismommy
10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Pam,

I woke up at 2 am(prego insomnia) and checked the boards to see the celebration. ANd was shocked you hadnt posted. That is too funny about Neve. Bella slept through the night for the first time after the Pats won the game to send them to the superbowl.
I think I am having my parents go on pink red sox baseball cap hat so Bella can match Tess:)
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

sunny2003
10-21-2004, 12:30 PM
This morning dd looked at the front page of The Boston Globe with the photo of the Sox celebrating at Yankee stadium and just had one word. "Wow." Except the way she says it, it comes out more like "Wooooow." Out of the mouths of babes. :)

Viv