PDA

View Full Version : Memory book for milestones after the baby book?

COElizabeth
10-20-2004, 09:19 AM
James' baby book is designed for the first two years, but I would like something to record milestones and events beyond that period. His first sentence, for example, was just yesterday: "Daddy go." :) (This was said after DH left to go to the grocery store).

I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for, but I'm sure there is something out there that would work. Any suggestions?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

chrissyhowie
10-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Elizabeth,

Gosh, I didn't realize just how close you are to #2's big arrival! So exciting!!
On that note, since baby #2's first year is going to be starting soon, I've been using the Baby's First Year Calendar:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684182580/qid=1098298480/sr=8-6/ref=pd_csp_6/104-0937993-0378329?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
but I know there are lots of other designs out there for this type of thing.

I originally bought it for DD#2 along with a baby book. But it's great to have the calendar because I record things that Chloe does in there as well. I write in small events that don't "qualify" for a page in the baby book like any informal family get-togethers or dinners. I also put in funny day-to-day stuff like "Chloe danced with Sophie" or stuff that wouldn't be in a traditional baby book like "Chloe eats indian food for the first time" -- whatever strikes me to remember. It's been very fun to use and look back on already.

HTH,

amp
10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I just did a search and could't find anything. I think I would either make a mini scrapbook (more labor intensive, but cuter) that lists things like that, with pics, journaling, etc. Or, I would find a super cute little calendar that seems kid-ish and record his milestones there just in a regular calendar format. There are also programs that you can make your own calendars w/ pictures you pick.