PDA

View Full Version : insomnia anyone?

mysweetboy
11-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Anyone else have it? Now that I finally have the opportunity to get more sleep (Charlie sleeps MUCH more), I can't. Thus the reason I'm all over the board tonight. :) I've had insomnia in the past and it seems to happen in spurts...no idea why. Luckily I've gotten used to functioning on little sleep but I know I need to be better-rested, just for the sake of my own health, bf'ing, etc.

So anyone else up all hours?

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

jubilee
11-08-2004, 03:45 AM
Oh yes... here it is almost 1:00 am, and I'm nowhere near going to sleep. Every night I'm up very, very late (or very early- depends how you look at it) and I can't lie down until I'm ready to collapse around 2-3am. I wish I could get normal sleep.

ellies mom
11-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Lori-
Oh yeah, I'm here too. I'll be so tired in the evening but it's like the second I get DD to sleep I'm wide awake. It sucks. The only thing that saves me is that my darling child sleeps until 10am, so I do get to sleep in once I fall asleep.

mudder17
11-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I've always been a night owl. It's also partly because I know Kaya goes to wake "any minute now" for a feeding so I just can't feel like I can go to sleep. But I've always had trouble shutting down my brain. Now, when I do need to get to sleep somehow, I'll make alphabetical lists in my head and somehow that soothes me to sleep. For example, I'll try to think of some "A" names from the bible: Abraham, Adam, etc., then "B" names: Benjamin, Beezelbub, etc., and so on. Usually I make it to the middle of the alphabet before I fall asleep. Sometimes, though, I'll make it to the end and have to start all over. Anyway, it does help me.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

lizajane
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
i have had it for YEARS. it was so incredibly bad this fall, i am now taking ambien. who knew! i thought you could only take benedryl.

check with your dr about what you can take while breastfeeding. a friend took a prescription while breastfeeding that her LC was totally fine.

my health was seriously compromised by my insomnia and emotionally, i couldn't bear it any longer. i have an appt on thursday and if i don't get a refill of my ambien, i am TERRIFIED of what my life will become! i tried not taking it for two nights and i was up ALL NIGHT. i not only can't go to sleep, i wake up over and over and over and over...

Saartje
11-08-2004, 02:14 PM
I've been having insomnia lately, too. :( I have to rock Isaac to sleep, and then go through my routine to get myself sleepy, and then Isaac wakes up for a nightime feeding. We cosleep after DH brings him to me during the night (I don't really wake up then), but I usually can't get to sleep with DS in the bed. So I have to feed him, rock him back to sleep, then get myself sleepy again...

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-08-2004, 02:26 PM
mine is induced by pregnancy and it is between 4-6!!!!
While dogs, cats and my boys are snoring!!!!-ughhhh!!!!!

and then at 6:00 when I start falling back to sleep the dogs start getting restless...cleanign their paws, nibbling on eachothers ears...licking themselves...shaking with the collar tags chiming away...I kicked them all out this morning!!!! :)
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

houseof3boys
11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Ha! Now that I am preggers again, I can't ever sleep. Last night, I think I went to bed around 11 and finally fell asleep after 2:30 or so after I had gotten up to go to the bathroom at least 6 times (mind you I don't even drink water past 9 anymore).

I'm off to nap right now to make up for it! Go take a nap Lori. :)