PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please! OB & Ped. Recs for friend - South of Chicago (around Crete, IL)

bunnisa
11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Hello! I'm hoping someone can help my friend out. She's 7 months pregnant and she and her DH just bought a house in Crete, IL.

Her DH just got a new job in the City -- but they've never lived so far south. All of their friends are in Evanston, & they don't know of any good doctors or pediatricians in the Crete area.

They've been through a lot of stressful changes in the last year, and this baby is a real miracle baby after 5 years of infertility, so I thought it would be great if someone had a lead for her.

Just hoping to make their transition a bit easier!

If you have any suggestions for OBs, Peds, or hospitals in the area, I know they'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

C99
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I grew up not terribly far from Crete. My mother had both my brother and sister at Advocate South Suburban hospital in Hazel Crest, IL. There's also St. James in Chicago Heights and in Olympia Fields. And I think there's a hospital called Ingalls in Chicago Heights as well.

I don't have any OB recommendations, but I loved my childhood ped., who was part of the Primary Healthcare Associates group in Flossmoor. I don't know if she's still practicing, but her name is Nasrella.

HTH

Momof3Labs
11-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I also grew up in the south suburbs (born at one of the hospitals that Caroline mentioned), but my ped is probably long retired and most of my friends have moved elsewhere. I know that Ingalls has an excellent cardiac program, but that won't help your friend have a baby! Oh, and Ingalls is in Harvey, so a little farther away from Crete.