PDA

View Full Version : What Does Your Child Carry Around?

Raidra
11-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Colwyn loves carrying around one of his plastic clothes hangers. There's one in every room of the house by now.

This is separate from his lovey, which he would carry around everywhere, but we try to keep it in his crib.

I know people have mentioned that their kids like to carry around LP animals. What funny things do you see your child carrying around the house?

chlobo
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
My DD carries around a tube of Lip Ice chapstick. Container is empty of course.

hez
11-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Among other things, he carries dryer sheets around. We went on a major laundry kick the last several days, and so there always seem to be a few of them laying around...

Otherwise he normally carries around a sippy (full of water) sometimes in his hand, sometimes in his teeth, an occasional Lego Quatro or the little red bat that goes with his ball/tee set. The bat gets dangerous because he's also in a banging mode!

redhookmom
11-08-2004, 03:36 PM
My dd carries aroung her purse. In it there is a cough drop, pacifier and a matchbox car.

Vajrastorm
11-08-2004, 04:04 PM
It changes frequently. A few weeks ago it was a jar lid for one hand and a new sponge in its plastic wrapper in the other.

This week it is an ugly, ugly onesie sized 3-6 that she found while I was sorting old clothes. It was a gift and she never wore it because I hated it. ROFL. So now I get to look at it all the time.

She has been known to carry LP animals, measuring cups, my underwear (gasp), altoid tins ...

Oh yes, right after Halloween it was two wrapped Hershey's bars - they went *everywhere* with her.

marit
11-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Maya always asks for spoons! It became sort of a lovey for her. She needs about 2 plastic spoons in each hand (the toddler plastic ones). When she gets them she sais the colors and has a big grin on her face... She takes them to daycare too :-)

Bearhut
11-08-2004, 04:32 PM
My DD carries around small rubber ducks. Thankfully they are easy to find so we have a dozen or so.

JLiebCamm
11-08-2004, 04:44 PM
A folded umbrella, a plastic baseball bat, and empty DVD cases. He insists on taking the DVD cases into stores and it has set off an alarm more than once!

mommd
11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
It depends on the day. Right now she needs her toothbrush in one hand and a plastic spoon in the other. Other things she likes are hangers, these little animals from an alphabet set, wash cloths, and socks. She always needs something in each hand.

bunnisa
11-08-2004, 06:51 PM
We're in an apartment until we move into our house, and all of our stuff is stacked in one room. This means DS has access to all sorts of unusual things.

Current favorite? the water wand. See picture of beloved water wand and pie plate -- far superior to mere "baby toys":

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16717.jpg

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

wagner36
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Ahhh, perhaps your DS and my Charlie will be starting their own landscape architecture business someday! My DS loves carrying around the handle you screw on to the end of the hose, and the water wand!

crl
11-08-2004, 07:37 PM
The swiffer. Also some little pumpkins I have sitting on the coffee table (he also throws these so I am dreading the smashed pumpkin possibility.)

marinkitty
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
What doesn't she carry around?

The usual suspects include: her pjs, the swiffer, books, her purses, a plastic funnel, Daddy's belt, a beaded bookmark, house keys, empty toliet paper rolls, ziplocs, paper grocery sacks and one of my Uggs.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

mamagoosie
11-08-2004, 08:04 PM
My bra. She wears it like a purse. She knows where I keep them now so she pulls up a little chair (drags it in from her room) climbs up, opens the drawer and pulls one out. Toddlers are the funniest little people! DH just cracks up. Well as long as she doesn't do it when the Queen of England comes over for tea...

barbarhow
11-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Depends on the day-but lately it has been The Pig. This is a fairly good sixed paper mache pig that I bought years ago. It is about a foot high and 18 inches long. He loves this thing. Carries it around most of the day. Other favs include the lint brush, tennis balls and a flashlight. He likes to make "circles" on the ceiling with the light.

jbowman
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Ellie loves carrying around phones--cell phones, cordless phones, toy phones, you name it. She also loves holding an empty trial size bottle of Burt's Bees lotion, LOL!

Puddy73
11-08-2004, 08:55 PM
What a great post - I was beginning to think my DD was the only one who insisted on carrying "stuff" all over the house! She seems to latch on to something different every day, but some current faves are the Swiffer, Tupperware containers, my old cell phone and purses. She also likes to pull clothes out of the hamper and drag them around.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

LD92599
11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
There's a toothbrush in every room plus new (wrapped) video and audio cassettes! They are everywhere!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

mharling
11-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Ummm.... pads and tampons! We redid our bathroom, so I had to empty everything out of the cabinets. I haven't gotten through everything to put back and he has somehow latched onto these. At least somebody is getting use out of them. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

jbowman
11-08-2004, 11:31 PM
LOL, Mary!

jubilee
11-09-2004, 02:56 AM
my guy always carries around his lovey (called Ya-yee, he's trying hard to say Lovey) and a green mini Beanie Baby from McDonalds, and (sigh...) my hairbrush or comb. I call him Fabio because of his hairbrush obsession. We have to take the brush into stores, my work, everywhere...

bunnisa
11-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Julie, my DS is really into hairbrushes, too.

Very, very odd. But amusing when he tries to brush everyone's hair.

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

starrynight
11-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Daria loves to carry around a few crayons and/or a coloring book, the baby always goes for lp animals and her lovey.

californiamom
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
LOL
How funny! :D