PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take maternity pictures?

cdlamis
11-08-2004, 04:41 PM
I want to maternity pictures taken- hopefully this week since I am getting larger by the day! :)

I found a good photographer that does maternity photos and I was all set to take some pics with Julia and DH. Well, now DH says he thinks he doesn't need to be in them and it should be just me or me and Julia. It's not his artistic opinion- he just doesn't want to go and take pictures. Grrr!

Did you take maternity pictures? With or without DH? Which would you prefer now?

Not even sure what I am asking here- guess I am a little mad at DH. I am trying to convince myself that pictures of just me will be fine.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

calebsmama03
11-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I did, and I made DH be in them :) I think you should do them regardless but I know DH is happy he did them now. Our photog experimented a lot with me since I was up for it, so she talked DH into doing some that he (and I) think are rather dorky now, but he should at least do some simple ones. I totally loved the experience and cherish the pics, and am hopeful to have them done again this time.

A bit OT, but I'd also recommend going a little more "risque" than you might be comfortable with. My photog did some with tulle draped around me and while they aren't pics I would post for the world to see, I enjoy having them for my own personal "collection". My friend did some and only went as far as unbuttoning the bottom few buttons of her shirt to show her belly. They are still nice pics, but I anjoy having a record of all the pg curves - "good" or "not so good" ones ;)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05