PDA

View Full Version : WAAAAY OT - Strangest attractions?

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 06:44 PM
The whole Alan Rickman thing got me going...LOL.

Am I the only one who is attracted to people that I don't necessarily think are good-looking? If I'm not, tell us who you think is sexy, even despite his/her looks!

And if I AM the only one...well...hmmph. *blush*

Here's my list, though maybe you guys will remind me of others:

John Malkovich
Christopher Walken
Willem Defoe
Denis Leary
Ed Norton, Jr. - sometimes

(Pacino's not on here because I say he's gorgeous!)

All of the women I find attractive I also think are beautiful which is interesting, come to think of it. (Though you probably wouldn't agree.) :)

Hoping someone chimes in here, and it's not just me...*grin*
Jude

ETA: Remember - This list is *supposed* to make at lesat some people ssay "Eeeewwww...REALLY??" And I know I have more, I just can't think of them...need caffeine!

jbowman
11-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Jude,

I've mentioned this in past threads, but I find *blush* Kid Rick incredibly attractive. Believe me, I've never gone for that type (whatever type he is, LOL) IRL before, but there's something about him.

And I agree with you about John Malkovich (uh, "Dangerous Liasions" Malkovich that is!).

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Yea, I also foster a crush for Ed Norton...also for the red-haired guy...what's his name, he was in Exxon Masterpiece Theatre's Forsythe Saga (as Sommes)--even as bad guy in that show I was strangely attracted to him... Hmm.

Marisa6826
11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Definitely Malkovich and Walken.

Denis Leary is hot in his own way and I've met Willem DeFoe in person. Damn is he tall (he was behind me in line at a bodega one day at lunch!).

But hands down - Jon Stewart!!!!

-m

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Whaddaya mean??? Jon Stewart is adorable; he doesn't count! :)

Willem Defoe is TALL?? Oh my, the thought that he was short is what was keeping me from stalking him!!

:)
Jude

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm such a dork: Adrien Brody (sp??)--TOTALLY have a crush on him (must be the Eastern European thing, LOL)

there's another guy, an Italian, but his name escapes me now

Marisa6826
11-08-2004, 07:10 PM
No. Really tall and supposedly, um, er, not just in height alone.

Let's just say he had some big feet too ;) :P

He had a scene in "Wild at Heart" that got me seriously all hot and bothered.

I think there's something about Nicolas Cage that would not make me throw him out of bed for eating crackers.

Liam Neeson too. Gotta love that brogue!

-m

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Marisa!!! ;)

mysweetboy
11-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I love two Daves.....Letterman and Grohl. In high school I had the biggest crush on Letterman. He was on after Carson then so there were many nights that I stayed up until 1:30. I LOVE his sense of humor. Same goes for Dave Grohl...he makes fun of himself, which I love. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's the lead singer of a band...that is sexy!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

mysweetboy
11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
I think Adrien Brody is hot!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

ddmarsh
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Ed Bradley and James Rubin - I know, I know :). There are some men that seem so charismatic and have such great intellect that they transcen their no-so-great looks :).

tarahsolazy
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
OK, I'll admit mine: Michael Stipe. I know, acne scars, bald, ambiguous sexual orientation and all. What can I say, I was so an REM type kid in HS, and it stuck with me.

My college roomate was totally into Steven Tyler, who I think is very unattractive.

Marisa6826
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Tarah-

I did lighting for an Aerosmith concert several years ago. I don't think Steven Tyler weighs 100 lbs. He is the tiniest man I've ever seen! Rail thin. I think he'd probably look like a wet cat without all that hair! ;)

-m

amp
11-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, DH has NEVER understood my Michael Stipe love. I don't really even like him now, but I nursed a healthy crush on him for years!

Also, I grudingly admit to a college crush on Sebastian Bach, who looks terrible now! But all my college friends laughed at me since we were into New Music, and NOT the band he was in!

Also, I know Deborah as admitted a fondness for Tommy Lee Jones, and I must confess I have a certain fondness for him myself.

wencit
11-08-2004, 07:54 PM
>Also, I know Deborah as admitted a fondness for Tommy Lee
>Jones, and I must confess I have a certain fondness for him
>myself.

Oooh, I was going to say Tommy Lee Jones, too! Terrible skin, kinda older, but I thought he was so sexy in "The Fugitive."

My biggest crush right now is Anderson Cooper (CNN anchor and former host of "The Mole"). He's completely gray even though he's only in his mid-to-late thirties, big nose, small eyes, and I hear he's gay to boot (just my luck -- now I have absolutely NO chance with him! LOL!)....but every time I see him, I squeal like a little schoolgirl.

Raidra
11-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I love Nicholas Cage! He is not the most attractive guy, but something about him just makes me want to give him a huge hug, and then some.. :)

I also like John Malkovich (except in ConAir!).

Oh, and John Cusack. Or does he count as good looking? I dunno.. I'm all about the boy next door. :D

TaChapm
11-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I LOVE Steven Tyler and Joe Perry! They are not good looking but they have sex appeal. My sister and I go to their concerts any time they are in the area. Last March we were able to get tickets on the Cat Walk and we got to touch them all night. It was awesome! :) Joe Perry has an attitude that makes him not as attractive.

Others are:
Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Did I really just admit that?) :0
Paul Stanley from KISS (only with the Makeup on) Long story behind that one but I would get run off the boards if I told.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

deborah_r
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
>>Also, I know Deborah as admitted a fondness for Tommy Lee
>>Jones, and I must confess I have a certain fondness for
>him
>>myself.
>
>Oooh, I was going to say Tommy Lee Jones, too! Terrible
>skin, kinda older, but I thought he was so sexy in "The
>Fugitive."
>

You ladies need to see him in his polo clothes, riding a horse. Oh my! That man is in shape for being like 58 years old!

On occasion I have thought Lyle Lovett was hot, mostly because of his voice and I love his music. Hey, he must have something if Julia married him!

tarahsolazy
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
John Cusack is an XTREME HOTTIE, so he doesn't count, in my book.

slknight
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
>
>My biggest crush right now is Anderson Cooper (CNN anchor and
>former host of "The Mole"). He's completely gray even though
>he's only in his mid-to-late thirties, big nose, small eyes,
>and I hear he's gay to boot (just my luck -- now I have
>absolutely NO chance with him! LOL!)....but every time I see
>him, I squeal like a little schoolgirl.

Oh, I love Anderson Cooper too. :-)

JLiebCamm
11-08-2004, 09:43 PM
John Cusack is tremendously attractive. He can't count as "strange"!

lisaE
11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, my "celebrity boyfriend" is Conan O'Brien. Something about him is soo cute to me.

And, count me as another Kid Rock fan. He's NASTY!

lukkykatt
11-08-2004, 10:01 PM
This is so funny, because I thought that most people would find alot of guys on my list strange. And here, many of them are already "taken".

John Malkovich (never heard anyone else who found him attractive!)
Anderson Cooper (REALLY enjoy watching CNN!)
Steve Martin (my "older" man crush)
Denis Leary

That's all I can think of now...

Mommy_Again
11-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Kid Rock...he is my dreamboat! I have a thing for dirty rock stars, which is very strange considering DH is very clean cut.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16725.jpg

deborah_r
11-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Lisa,

Did you see that movie where the cheerleaders rob the bank (was it Sugar and Spice?) and one of the girls was obsessed with Conan O'Brien? It was really funny!

candybomiller
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Does Tom Hanks count? He's not classically handsome, but he's just so darn cute!

Ok, how about Jared from the Subway commercials? He's pretty darn good looking to me.

mharling
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
I honestly don't know if this one counts or not, but there is something about Phil Gordon on Celebrity Poker Showdown that I find incredibly sexy!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

cdlamis
11-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Ashley-
I am impressed! Where did you meet him? I saw him in concert (favor to DH) and there is something about his charisma and attitude- very hot!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

psophia17
11-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I think Steven Tyler has something...I don't know what it is, but every time I hear him sing (anything, anywhere) I'm done for. DH likes to surprise me with Aerosmith every once in a while, because he knows ;-)

It's funny, because short and thin men just have never done it for me, not when I was in HS and not now, but there's something about him that's just yummmmmmmy.

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Oh, yes, Adrien Brody! I agree!

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I wanna hear the Paul Stanley story!!! I had a crush on him when I was younger...saw him IRL once, too! :)

Steven Tyler - nope, I wouldn't mind that particular wet cat in my bed, either. ;)

When I was younger I looooovvvved Steve Perry. Yep, from Journey. Yep, with the nose. Long hair & a big nose...very much my type.

And I like John Turturro, speaking of noses.

Jude

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 11:56 PM
LOL I thought Malkovich was especially hot in ConAir!

Judegirl
11-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Nope, John Cusack is far too cute to count.

So is Tommy Lee Jones, btw - I don't know anyone who doesn't think he's a good looking man!

deborah_r
11-09-2004, 12:15 AM
>So is Tommy Lee Jones, btw - I don't know anyone who doesn't
>think he's a good looking man!

Hmm, interesting! I always get "his face is so crinkly" whenever I mention him. I think it's usually because they are people who like really smooth, clean cut guys like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. But I think the MIB role has done a lot to make people like him more.

deborah_r
11-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Speaking of ConAir, I thought of another one. In certain roles, I have found Steve Buscemi to be somewhat attractive, but I certainly don't think of him as good-looking! And then I picture him in one of his freaky-looking Adam Sandler movie roles, and I'm grossed out by him!

jesseandgrace
11-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Dennis Leary, Jon Stewart, Luke Wilson.

starrynight
11-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Nicholas Cage and I had a seriously bad crush on Corey Feldman when I was 13ish? I was teased by a friend about that one LOL.

jubilee
11-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Totally agree about Nicolas Cage- he's an offbeat hottie.

Now you all will know my strangeness - I also like Dr. Phil and Patrick Stewart- I'm not a fan of every bald guy, but these two are pretty nice. :)

And for my don't-call-CPS confession- I can't wait to see Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) in a few years when he matures!

crayonblue
11-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Definitely Adrien Brody!

Judegirl
11-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Watch Coal Miner's Daughter - when Tommy Lee Jones was younger, he was very handsome in a more conventional way. Maybe the people who think he's "crinkly" only know him now.

Jude

Judegirl
11-09-2004, 09:21 AM
I couldn't find a CMD pic, but here:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16765.jpg

drsweetie
11-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I think Steve Buscemi is very attractive in an unconventional way. Even in his Adam Sandler movies (how can you not love the lipstick scene in Billy Madison?).

Ellen

octmom
11-09-2004, 09:50 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

MelissaTC
11-09-2004, 10:32 AM
This is a fun thread!

Alan Rickman from when he was in "Truly Madly Deeply". I cried! I totally fell in love with him in that movie.

Alfred Molina - but young and thin Alfred Molina...

Ed Norton - I think he is adorable...

Mike Meyers - YUM! I love him. He reminds me of an ex-boyfriend that I have a soft spot for...

Sometimes Gary Oldman

Sir Ian McKellan - I know he is gay but I don't care. Something about him makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Al Gore - I have ALWAYS had a thing for him...

So you all think I am a freak now?? LOL....

peanut4us
11-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Damien Lewis, Eri. Too yummy for words, but then I have a total thing for red heads *sigh*.

wilelm
11-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Jean Reno (French actor: "The Professional," "Mission: Impossible," "French Kiss")

Patrick Stewart

Gabriel Byrne

Tim Roth

Robert Arkins (Jimmy in "The Commitments")

Obviously I'm a sucker for an accent!

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Oliver, due 01/17/05

newbelly2002
11-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Lawrence Fishburn, hands down.
With the space between his front teeth?

*swoon*

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

candybomiller
11-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Luke Wilson SO doesn't count!!! He's adorable.

candybomiller
11-09-2004, 03:34 PM
LMAO!!!! Al Gore?????

deborah_r
11-09-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking more of the Mr. Deeds role where his eyes went in opposite directions and he was in the jail. But I guess that was one of his more extreme makeovers for a roll.

I really liked him in Trees Lounge.

deborah_r
11-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Oh Jude, thanks for that moment of zen! You are preaching to the choir if that was for me, 'cause he won me over long ago. I was just saying it seems the general population that I encounter thinks he's wrinkly and old.

He was so great in CMD. OK, I've got to go watch my Fugitive DVD now... :)

TaChapm
11-09-2004, 04:14 PM
OK here goes...This will tell you how young I am. When I was 4 my uncle loved KISS and had posters all over his room. I cried every time I went in there. They honestly scared me to death! Move foreward 20 years to our first Aerosmith concert (Oct 2003)that happened to be with KISS. At first we said we wouldn't mind if we missed KISS but once we saw them we loved it. They are so incredible live. In June they came back to San Antonio and we decided to go see them since we had so much fun. We managed to get on the first row and then in the middle of the show Gene Simmons pointed us out to come backstage. Later the assistant came and told us to meet them at the hotel. We decided to go thinking that we would meet them and then leave. If Gene got mad we would never see him again. So we did and turned down Gene's offer. He couldn't believe us. The next day his manager called my cell and offered us tickets to Dallas. We went and were on the front row and then went backstage. We continued this trend two nights later in Houston. I think Gene thougt we would give in eventually. Two months later the assistant called again and said they would be in TX again and hooked us up with tickets. By the end of the tour the band knew who we were. It was fun. We never did anything other than Gene Simmons biting my cheek for no reason. It happened before I could even think to move back. It was so cool to be front and center and then go backstage for every show in Texas. This is so unlike me because I am ultra conservative mom but, for a few days this summer my sister and I were the banger sisters. :) (But we didn't do anything) I think Gene Simmons is absolutely appaling but Paul Stanley could be attractive with the makeup on. Without it he is a little strange looking. He does have a cute butt though! :)
OK- I guess that also covers the what others don't know about you thread.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

tinkerbell1217
11-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I agree, Ed Norton gets me and I LOVE Denis Leary. But, I think my strangest attraction is for Eric Stoltz. And Hugh Grant. Not many people think he is that attractive, but I certainly do. Oh yeah, maybe Rupert Everett too. Ugh, am I strange??

Marisa6826
11-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh Gabriel Byrne is WAAAAY hot! :P

-m

Marisa6826
11-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Paula-

I know Lawrence's ex-wife. I spent an entire week in Tuscany with her at a friend's wedding.

Everything was Lawrence this, Lawrence that.... I honestly could understand why they divorced. She's quite a handful!

She had a few not too nice stories about him though.

-m

hobey
11-09-2004, 04:58 PM
>And for my don't-call-CPS confession- I can't wait to see
>Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) in a few years when he
>matures!

LOL! I have the same "Don't Call CPS" obsession.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

wilelm
11-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I agree with everybody on your list with the exception of Denis Leary. I've loved Eric Stoltz since "Some Kind of Wonderful." My husband HATES Hugh Grant and can't see what I see in him. And Rupert Everett--he's beautiful!

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Oliver, due 01/17/05

MelissaTC
11-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I *LOVE* Al Gore. When I graduated HS, we had our Senior night and did a last will and testament. They said that I was leaving behind my Al and Tipper Gore voodoo dolls. Don't ask me! I don't like Big Al Gore aka the Robot aka Lock Box. I saw him for the first time in 1988 when I was 13 and he was running for President the first time. I felt like he was someone I could believe in. :)

C99
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
I think Chris Noth (from Law & Order and SATC) is super hot and sexy, and I always have -- even from his L&O days. And I know that this is weird because I've yet to find someone who agrees w/ me!

C99
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
I think John Cusack is definitely mainstream attractive. I don't know *anyone* who hasn't had at least a fleeting crush on him. :)

C99
11-09-2004, 06:49 PM
This is not to put you down at all, but I think the first movie I ever saw with Fishburne in it was What's Love Got to Do With It? and I've never liked him since. I know it's Ike Turner that I don't like, but I can't separate him in my mind.

anutalp
11-09-2004, 06:53 PM
I have exactly the same taste in man -
John Malkovich and Garry Oldman are the hottest sexiest actors IMO!!!
Welcome to the club :)

JMS
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
ITA!!! I LOVE James Rubin. I would watch CSPAN (I think?) when he was the Spokesman for the Dept of State just to stare at him. I would get giddy when reporters referred to him as Jimmy :)

Not to turn this thread political, but I think JR is a democrat. I'm pretty positive but I'm not sure where or when I got that info. I'm a republican, but for him, I'd consider converting :) :)

Judegirl
11-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Sorry, Sheila - Hugh Grant pretty much qualifies as a modern-day sex symbol, and I don't think you'll find many people who disagree on Rupert Everett! Same goes for Eric Stoltz, whom I'd say most 80s chick find adorable.

In short, I say anyone who was a pin-up guy in any generation of Tiger Beat doesn't count as strange! But you get points for everyone else! :)

Jude

Judegirl
11-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Yes, Gary Oldman - yummy! :)

tinkerbell1217
11-09-2004, 08:23 PM
OOH I just thought of another one! Christopher Meloni from Law & Order SVU. Not much hair but extremely sexy!

tarahsolazy
11-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Eric Stoltz is another XTREME 80s HOTTIE, he's high on my list, along with John C.

tarahsolazy
11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Ummm Captain Picard.... Gotta agree with you on the Patrick Stewart.

Make it so!

brubeck
11-09-2004, 09:36 PM
I don't know if this one has been said but this is truly pathetic.... Clay Aiken. And he's supposed to be gay too!

I also think Jerry O'Connell is hot but many people think he looks weird.

Raidra
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Have you seen Fargo?

Marge: Okay, I want you to tell me what these fellas looked like.
Hooker: Well, the little guy, he was kinda funny-looking.
Marge: In what way?
Hooker: I dunno. Just funny-looking.
Marge: Can you be any more specific?
Hooker: I couldn't really say. He wasn't circumcised.
Hooker: Like I say, he was funny-looking. More'n most people even.

:)

newbelly2002
11-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Then he did his job well! Why would I feel put down at that? This thread is all about personal preferences, no?

I saw him in a terrible movie (60 Seconds) and loved it. Beautiful man, fast cars, and a whole lot of danger. That's my kinda guy!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

jbowman
11-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Ashley--That is too kool! As you can imagine, I'm very jealous, LOL!

tinkerbell1217
11-10-2004, 08:43 AM
There is something very cute about Clay, whether he is gay or not. I think he is just wholesome looking! And as for Jerry O'Connell, I love him too!

aliceinwonderland
11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
I know..I was disturbed and surprised by my actually liking him even in that role ;)

deborah_r
11-10-2004, 12:52 PM
LOL at the Fargo lines!