PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here done the "mystery shopper" thing??

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Got an unsolicited email in my school account about this. Sounds pretty good, but what's the catch??
They apparently pay you to try products and services out. You get to pick your assignments...

Anyone here done this???
TIA!!

deenass
11-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Eri,

My sister, who happens to live outside of Philly does it and it's been quite profitable for her.

I can forward you some info she sent me if you want. My email address is deenas-s @ comcast.net (no spaces). Just drop me an email and I will forward it to you (it's about how to get started)

aliceinwonderland
11-08-2004, 08:23 PM
thanks!!

abigailsmom
11-09-2004, 01:28 AM
i hate to jump on your post, but I have been wondering the same thing. Would it be possible if you could send me some info?

Thanks in advance,

Robyn
Mama to my precious Pooper

Robyn's Nest Creations

TahliasMom
11-09-2004, 02:06 AM
sorry to highjack your post but can i also have the info?
thanks
Katherine

Melanie
11-09-2004, 03:07 AM
It depends on the company, I think. I know someone who enjoys it immensely...I did it twice (for two different companies) and it was such a sham. Never got paid...

crayonblue
11-09-2004, 08:13 AM
DH and I were mystery shoppers in grad school and we loved it! We ate at different restaurants and then filled out a long critique of the service, food, etc. We always got our money back plus some. I can't remember the name of the company, but I would do it again!

deenass
11-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Anyone who is interested just email me at the above address and put "mystery shoper" in the subject and I will forward the info.

lizajane
11-09-2004, 09:47 AM
no catch, at least not that i am aware of.

the restaurant company for whom i worked used mystery shoppers. they came to lunch or dinner, got to bring a friend, ordered whatever they wanted, got reimbursed for every cent they spent and then turned in a 2 or 3 page questionaire with questions like:

describe your server:
what was his/her name?
was he/she well groomed?
did he/she mentioned the soup of the day?
did he/she offer you suggestions from the menu?

etc etc, totally easy stuff.

we called it "getting shopped." it was always so funny what they wrote about us. i was a manager and i was constantly called a "mid twenties hostess."

casey118
11-09-2004, 12:20 PM
I read a funny story about being a mystery shopper. A girl said she loved her job because she got to combine her two favorite things - shopping and criticizing people! :)