PDA

View Full Version : Dog owners; why didn't you tell us?

redhookmom
11-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I was at my SIL's house and wondered why she had a bag full of those little plastic containers that you get out of gumball machines. These were smaller then the .50 ones. In each one was a bag folded up ever so tiny. I took a whole bunch to throw in my diaper bag.

OK, I have a dog. But, we have a couple of few acres and never scoop poop.

deborah_r
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Hmm, I never bought that kind. They seemed expensive (but now I don't remember how much they were)

I was going to mention to dog owners one time that the blue bags that come on a roll at Petco/Petsmart/etc are about twice the price of the Munchkin ones you can get in the baby section at Target. They won't fit the doggie bag dispenser that fits on the leash because the spool is different, but I just keep a roll in my jacket for dog walking!

I also keep a roll of these in the diaper bag usually.

Raidra
11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
When we first got our dogs, we used the roll of blue bags from PetCo. Then we switched to plastic grocery store bags with the occasional sandwich baggie thrown in.

Now our dogs don't get to go for walks.. they have a huge fenced in yard and we poop scoop with the big plastic claw thingy. :)

hez
11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Yup. We usually do the sandwich baggie dumped into the plastic grocery store bag for walks. Sometimes we do a sandwich baggie dumped into a brown paper lunch bag, but that typically doesn't take care of the smell completely.

You should see the cabinet space under my sink-- DH seems to save EVERY grocery store bag we get just for the purpose of walking the dog or cleaning it all up in the yard...

RwnMayfair
11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
I can make you feel better about the space under your sink. ;) When they packed us up in Austria to come back here, we ended up with TWO BOXES of plastic bags. And we're not talking little boxes here, no, they're the medium size square boxes that movers tend to use. In other words, smaller than the average dish barrel, but bigger than the smaller boxes they used.

I need to recycle some of these, there's just no way we'll ever use this many plastic bags. ;)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif - Eleven months and counting!

candybomiller
11-08-2004, 11:15 PM
I mean absolutely no offense by this!!!!!! But:

You packed plastic bags?!?! That is really, really funny. :)

TonFirst
11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, when professional packers are doing the packing, they pack everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

My family moved several times with professional packers and movers, and seriously, if you're not careful, they'll pack a full garbage can in its own cardboard box. Not that this ever happened to my mother. In the summer. For a move between Houston and New Orleans.

deborah_r
11-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Yep, DH's family got moved around by his father's company, and they would pack garbage if you weren't careful!

starrynight
11-09-2004, 02:03 AM
I had a pro-packer pack bags before. I also had another one pack an open bottle of juice I had on the counter and told them not to pack. Pro-packers grab everything, I had a military friend get their cats packed! Somehow the cats survived a month in a crate.