PDA

View Full Version : taking off for a while, last minute suggestions?

mudder17
11-08-2004, 10:29 PM
I'll be leaving for FL on Wednesday for a 6 day vacation with DH and DD. We'll be visiting his 93 year old grandmother and his aunt and uncle (actually staying with the aunt and uncle but grandma's the real reason for the visit). I may not be on at all during those 6 days, so I just wanted to say that I'll miss you all and at least try to check in occasionally! I will probably check e-mail daily, though. :)

This will be the first time since Kaya sleep trained AND started solids that we will be taking her away from home. She used to sleep in her car seat carrier, her PnP, her crib, and occasionally her swing. Since she started the sleep training, she's only slept in her crib and the occasional naps in the car. So it'll be the first time she'll be sleeping NOT in her crib for a long time. She will have her own room, thank goodness, and we're planning on draping a sheet over the top to sort of simulate her crib tent. And of course we're bringing her lamb and kitty! Fortunately no time change to contend with this time. We're still trying to recover from DST!

I've got some packets of her oatmeal cereal and I'll be bringing a small bag of her Oatios, but otherwise we're planning on feeding her whatever foods we find there--pear, sweet potato, squash, beans, etc. I'll also need to bring my pump kit (hand pump), and some of her take 'n toss bowls, sippies, straw cups, etc. Oh, and spoons, I guess.

We're planning on picking up an inexpensive booster seat while we're there. And yes, we're going to take our Marathon with us and check it in as luggage. Not ideal, but it's the only car seat we have. We're also going to take her stroller and gate check it.

As for diapers, we're planning on bringing 3 night-time dipes, and 10 day time dipes, and then washing every day. Does that sound about right?

Okay, so any last minute suggestions?

TIA!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

candybomiller
11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
My only suggestion is to relax and have a great time! Enjoy yourself, take lots of pictures and come back rested and tanned!

Have fun. :)

mharling
11-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Have a great trip!! It sounds like you have things covered. Take lots of pics and share when you get back. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

brigmaman
11-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Have a wonderful time. It should be great down there this time of year! My brother lives in Jupiter and comes back here to NY in the summer- it seems like the best of both worlds!
I'm sure Kaya will do great adjusting since you've done so well with her at home! Have fun!
(Hmmm...what will I do w/out you in my first week of CDing?!)