PDA

View Full Version : New York day trip

jamsmu
11-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Mom is taking DS and me to NYC for a day next week. We're taking the train from one of the mid-Jersey stations. Why am I so nervous??? Maybe because I have a 14 month old who I know can't sit for the entire train ride. And THEN go through NY on a stroller. Any advice is GREATLY apprecieated!!! TIA

Marisa6826
11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
He may like the train. It's got a pretty rhythmic noise to it.

Maybe bring some new books/small toys with to divert his attention? I also bring small bags of snacks - pretzels, cheddar bunnies, etc. to bribe Sophie into sitting still ;).

Bear in mind that the bus will probably be easier for you than the subways, but you need to have your stroller FOLDED before you try and get on the bus. Do you have a sling for C?

Check out Central Park Zoo if you can. It's not too huge and it's one of my favourite places of all time in the city!!!

Have fun and if you need any help with directions, bus lines, subways, let me know.

BTW - Where in NJ are you leaving from? Try and get the Midtown Direct train right into Penn Station, or else you will have to transfer in Hoboken and take the PATH or ferry.

-m

psophia17
11-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Just a thought - my DS hates being contained in the stroller, for the most part, but when we're somewhere with lots of stuff to look at, people, buildings, whatever, he'll happily sit in there for hours. You might find that your DS can handle the stroller okay, so long as he gets to expend some energy somewhere during the day. The zoo is a great idea, too.

Have a ton of fun when you go!

Marisa6826
11-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Just remembered -

Another good kid place is the Museum of Natural History - they even have a planetarium there.

-m