PDA

View Full Version : The number 1 reason to have only one child....

bluej
11-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Vomit!

Ugh, I have been dealing with vomiting children since Friday! There should be a rule along the lines of 'if you don't share your toys, you can't share your illnesses!' Another good rule would be 'no vomiting in the middle of the night.' I admit it, I'm not a good mommy at 1:00 in the morning. Hopefully we are on the last day of it and it's Alex who is currently sick and she at least hits the bucket 90% of the time.

Here's hoping that all of you and your families are healthy!

slknight
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Yikes! I have a hard enough time when my one child is sick and vomiting. I can't imagine having to deal with more than one at once. Eek! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

trumansmom
11-10-2004, 11:33 AM
We've sort of been going through this as well. DS has had a stomach virus 3 times in the past 6 weeks, and DD had it once. I have washed more sheets and scrubbed the sofa more times in the past weeks than I care to count! I think I'm going to buy stock in Odo-Ban! It's the only thing I've found that will get the smell out of furniture.

Blech. Hope Alex gets over it soon!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

redhookmom
11-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I am right there with you. After being up all night I took a nap this morning while the kids and Dad watched TV, I am feeling mildly human. I steam cleaned their rugs but I need to do it again. YUCK!

Momof3Labs
11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Ooh, I shudder to think of it!! We're battling stomach flu here, too - DH had it bad, I got a smidge of it, and Colin so far has dodged it.

LucyG
11-10-2004, 01:29 PM
I hear you! I only have one child thus far, but I am completely vomitphobic, and have been since childhood. When I find out that DD has been around a kid who later came down with the stomach virus, I panic. Hopefully, I'll grow up a little about all of this, but no luck yet. Thankfully, my DH is better with vomit that I am. Here's hoping your kids are better soon, and that you and DH don't get sick!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
20 months and counting!

amp
11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Awww, yuck! Hope you are all on the mend and vomit free soon! Hugs!

starrynight
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
That was us a few weeks ago, not fun at all!! And of course all 3 of them decided they would do their puking in the middle of the night. At least for us it was all of them at the same time and it only lasted 24 hours.

Only one of them can actually get to the toilet or bucket, the other one can't walk yet and the oldest sleeps so soundly he doesn't even wake up when he pukes, he actually leans to the side while still asleep and pukes. Not fun at all. I think I did 6 loads of laundry the next day or so.

I hope everyone else stays healthy!

candybomiller
11-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Jen,

Hope things are getting better. Kids with icky-sickies suck.

Nature's Miracle works really well at getting the vomit smell out of a couch!

bluej
11-10-2004, 04:28 PM
"the oldest sleeps so soundly he doesn't even wake up when he pukes, he actually leans to the side while still asleep and pukes"

I know it's bad of me, but that really made me laugh! How can you not wake when your tummy is about to upchuck? I wish I had that ability, it would have made pregnancy so much easier!

Marisa6826
11-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Nature's Miracle gets out barf stench.

You can get it at any pet store near the housebreaking supplies.

-m

jubilee
11-10-2004, 06:00 PM
What is worse is when mom is sick at the same time. I remember Jacob and I had the stomach flu at the same time once- it was a battle for the bathroom! :(

Wishing you and your family health!

tippy
11-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Jen,

Here's wishing you vomit free days and puke free nights! Seriously, I hope everyone is feeling better. DS ran a pretty high fever from Monday through Wed of this week and was unable to keep anything down. Thankfully the two times he upchucked were in his highchair into his bib with the pouch on it. Your thread made me think of a seen in the movie The Yah-Yah Sisterhood when all the kids were in the bathroom getting sick at the same time. Not fun! Hugs.