PDA

View Full Version : How do I follow the long posts? silly question but....

steph2003
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
This is probably a dumb question but I haven't been able to follow some of the longer posts cause I get lost! What I mean is most people reply to the first post & it shows up as responding to post #0 but then someone further down might respond to something someone says in oh say post #12 & it shows up as in response to post #12 but my question is how do I know what is post #12 w/o going back & counting each post until I get to #12. Does that make sense? I feel really goofy asking this but some of the long posts I like to see who is responding to who if that makes any sense?

egoldber
11-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Are you viewing posts in threaded or linear mode? At the top of the board is an option to switch back and forth. Threaded mode has the posts "stacked" in the order to which people reply to things. You will see all the replied to a particular post stacked underneath that post, as opposed to all being a long string of posts. In linear mode, the posts are all in one big long string.

Its a little confusing because if you are in linear mode, it says at the top "View in threaded mode" or something like that. And if in threaded mode, at the top it says "View in linear mode". Its a setting that you toggle back and forth between.

HTH,

steph2003
11-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Oh my gosh!! I've always wondered what that was at the top stating linear/threaded & how it worked. Well I'm glad I asked cause now I know!

thanks!

tippy
11-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Also, when you open the thread you can click on view all. That way all the responses are listed, even the ones that are subthreads. Don't feel silly! It took me a long time to figure this one out myself!