PDA

View Full Version : In honor of my new holiday job

candybomiller
11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
We (DH) decided that we are NOT using credit cards this holiday season, so I got a part time job at Bath & Body Works.

So, in honor of my reintroduction to the work world (and to give any possible Brownie Fairies ideas LOL) what's your favorite B&BW scent or product?

Elilly
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Cotton blossom. It's pretty light and I slather the body cream on my feet twice a day!

hellosmiletoday
11-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Honeysuckle, blooming violets, and lavender flowers. The first one comes out about once a year so I have stocked up, but the last two were discontinued so I ration my supply. Please me know if BBW is ever going to REVIVE them. Blooming violets is my favorite because it is similar to my childhood baby perfume.

My fourth favorite and the only one in the stores is the newest version of freesia. However, I pretty much own just about every fragrance at BBW.

One more question...Do you know if they have back in stock the Honeysuckle jelly jars with the lace top. I have found them to be much more economical than plug ins b/c they LAST FOREVER. My local BBW did not have them last I went, which was ages ago.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

bluej
11-10-2004, 01:18 PM
I haven't been to B&BW forever (I make my own stuff), so you will have to tell me what new scents they have!

I do like their kiddie anti-bacterial wipes. Not b/c they are great or anything, but b/c when we are out I hate to have the kids use baby wipes to clean their hands and smell like baby wipes. I'd rather have them smell fruity tooty or something along those lines.

twinmama
11-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I love the warm vanilla sugar scent. I basically love any scent in the store right now, fall scents are my favorites (pumpkin pie, apple cider, cranberry, etc., yum! Now I'm hungry!).

Lisa
mom to 16 month old twinkies

amp
11-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Sun Ripened Raspberry
Coconut (can't recall the real name)

pritchettzoo
11-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Oooh--the Orange Ginger hand soap is delicious! I need some more. We got some when it was 5 for $15, and I think I'm out.

Do you get a Friends and Family discount, Candy? ;)

Anna

turtledove
11-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Moonlight Path (I think is what it is called). It is a musky lavender scent, very subtle - love it!!

candybomiller
11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I know that _I_ get a discount. And I know that the brownie fairy strikes often....

starrynight
11-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Country apple (but I hear a rumor they were discontinuing it wahhh) I love the foam pump soaps.

I also like the mango mandarin (I think that's what it's called, the orange one...)

Tondi G
11-10-2004, 03:28 PM
For some reason I am drawn to the Cucumber Melon scent! It is just a nice clean smell! We always have the foaming hand soap in our bathroom and I bought some antibacterial hand gel in that scent... so much nicer smelling than Purel! My DH likes the Juniper Breeze (I think thats the name) shower gel!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
edd #2 5/5/05

Vajrastorm
11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
They discontinue scents I like ... sniff....

I was in love with the green tea and cucumber.

mamaturk
11-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I have this in my kitchen now... It smells SO good!

kelly ann
11-10-2004, 04:46 PM
I love those Jelly Jars, but I bought mine at White Barn candle (sometimes a part of B&BW). They discontinued them a year ago and I have not been able to find them. I think the one I liked was a spiced vanilla or something similar. I definitely like them better than the plug-ins since they are more mild and less overpowering.

ETA: I found these online and they have a lot of different fragrances - maybe we can try these if BB&W does not carry them this holiday season. I especially like the name: Smelly Jellies :)

http://www.allaboutscents.net/smellyjellies.html

jk3
11-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Hands down: Country Apple Anti-bacterial deep cleansing soap

=)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

marinkitty
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I love the warm vanilla sugar and kitchen lemon liquid soaps - we are almost out and I'm going to have to make a B&BW run soon!

What a fun holiday job, Candy.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

jubilee
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I love Pearberry- and use the body spray and lotion all the time. I'd like to try the Coconut Verbena and their foam soaps. I get horribly cracked feet, so sometime I'd like to try their feet stuff. Let us know about great sales, Candy. Hope you enjoy your new job!!

pritchettzoo
11-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Don't be silly--save your money for your family! I was not trolling for a fairy gift by any means, and I hope it didn't seem like that. I just wondered if they had a code like Gap and some other places do around the holidays.

Can you take your fluffernutter puppy with you? ;)

Anna

candybomiller
11-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Prolly not, but she has been known to come to class with me. She's quite popular on campus. :)

psophia17
11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
I love stores like B&BW, but can't go in them, because I get migraines from strong scents :(

I love any of the baked goods and vanilla stuff, though, and I read somewhere that if you wear something with cucumber fragrance, that it mimics female pheromones, so on special occasions, I go for cucumber. I think another smell that men really like is pumpkin pie...

I haven't been in a B&BW in so long that I can't even remember if they had many baked goods smelling stuff!

jubilee
11-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Are their candles anything special? I've never tried them and they are kinda spendy.

crayonblue
11-10-2004, 07:07 PM
I like the baked goods and vanilla scents too. And, I get migraines from strong scents. I am ok with food scents though.

They used to have almond honey or something like that. I loved that scent but I think they discontinued it.

amazz
11-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey Candy--my favorite is Pearberry but they disc. it. (BOO HISS!)

OT, but have you ever worked at BBW during the holiday season before? Be prepared for the GLITTER MONSTER to attack you at every opportunity! :)

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)