PDA

View Full Version : To be on BCP - and still make sure you don't get pg

JulieL
11-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Regarding BCP's: non controversal just information k

if you are taking bcp's and you are worried now after the below post that you could get pg and your body would "abort" the fertilized egg due to the affects bcp's have on your body and its lining you are still empowered:

When you ovulate your body gives outward signs that you are about to. My aunt said she knew when on bcp's when it didn't work for the month and she did ovulate. At first I thought she was making it up but now I relize she was right. Check your cm regularly. If you notice fertil egg white like cm - refrain from intercourse or use condoms for 5 to 7 days. You can get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility to help you out with more info. I believe you can still take bcp's and be ethical. If that isn't enough for your comfort then take your temps as well to see if you are ovulating. I don't think bcp's are wrong (although I have issues about the morning after pill) and you can in my oppinoin still be ethical about it.

Rachels
11-10-2004, 04:05 PM
TCOYF is an excellent resource. And it really is worth learning about the various types of BCPs, most of which suppress ovulation altogether.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

kijip
11-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I have become pregnant while on the pill so I understand that point! In fact, it has happened more than once. I now know that for whatever reason the pill is not as effective with me as other, barrier based methods. I am hyperaware about my cycle and when I ovulate which is useful information.

Edited to correct spelling

lisams
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
I second "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It's amazing what I learned about my body. It took us over a year to get pregnant, and I totally think it was because I wasn't aware of the signs (I actually ovulate closer to day 30).

It's a great book if you just want to learn more about your body, but also good for TTC or avoiding pregnancy.

Lisa

JulieL
11-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I too got pregnant on the bcp, glad I wasn't educated then though! :-)

psophia17
11-10-2004, 06:56 PM
I know at least three people who got pg on BCP - I was only off it for a couple of weeks when I got pg... now we're going the no more hormones route - we'll see how that worked soon enough ;)

Julie, you asked if I was in advertising in another thread - I'm not, but I have been. I'm curious, why did you ask?

kijip
11-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I miscarried before Toby from getting pregnant while on the pill and Toby was conceived when I was coming off the pill. Like the last week I took the pill.

JulieL
11-10-2004, 11:29 PM
oh I was thinking it would be funny/ironic if you were and that girls pics were passed around to all members of an advertising company. Just was being silly. :*

psophia17
11-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Who knows - her pictures may end up on the cover of a book some day...