PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower gift ideas!?!

ginalc
11-10-2004, 03:50 PM
We have 8 new babies in the family next Spring. I'm done planning for Christmas (not done shopping though!) and starting to consider Baby Shower gifts.

Several of these babies are 2nd children, 2 will be the 1st welcomed into their families.

You gals are so very good at sharing ideas, I'd like to know what were the best gifts you received for your new baby?

gina, mom to 3
new baby due 5/05

KrisM
11-10-2004, 04:11 PM
One of my favorites is the calendar for the baby's first year. It has stickers for all the milestones - 1st smile, 1st tooth, crawls, etc. I have the traditional baby book, but it has very little in it. I can just jot things down on the calendar each day, it's so easy.

Momof3Labs
11-10-2004, 04:16 PM
I love the personalized loveys and blankies from www.theramp.net/mannmade. And there are many mamas on this board who can help you with a gorgeous baby gift too - check out the BBBHomeBiz yahoo group for a list of names and sites!

candybomiller
11-10-2004, 04:19 PM
My first thought is get the gift for the Mama! But I really like the idea of getting the babies something personalized.

mekiemom
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
I made some really cute disposable diaper cakes this summer as gifts for 2nd, 3rd baby showers and stuffed them with all kinds of little baby type odds and ends, made roses out of the baby socks to decorate. It was a fun way to present some really practical gifts. Though some of them loved them so much they won't take them apart and now the baby is out of the size 1 diapers! So next time I may do size 2 or 3 instead.

Jenn
our sweet girl 3/02

mamaturk
11-10-2004, 04:35 PM
My most used item I got at my shower was a cart cover Trish had ordered from a women online she uses!! I use it all the time, it's so pretty too... Pink Toile (spelling??).

ginalc
11-10-2004, 04:52 PM
You gals are just the BEST!

I was thinking a copy of Baby 411, some Desitin, and maybe something else. Now how exciting is Desitin? :)

I am so thankful for these ideas, ladies! You gals are GREAT!!!!!! :)

gina

HGraceMom
11-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Definite favorites included:

a pre-packed hospital "necessity" bag filled with trial-sized shampoo, soap, a comb, hairbands, disposable razor, chapstick, notepad & pen, disposable camera, heavy socks, & a calling card that was packaged with a new bathrobe & slippers for me

new / fresh onesies (especially would be great for the second children...DD's were so gross from spitting up, etc. that I threw them all out) and a monster-sized box of diapers & wipes from Costco

refills of all the infant necessities - mylecon, infant tylenol, vaseline, cotton balls / qtips, desitin, pacifiers, etc.

I liked the personalized gifts, but was much more appreciative of the practical gifts instead...