PDA

View Full Version : West Wing fans--How did they find Leo?

miki
11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Can someone fill me in? I missed the first 20 minutes. Thanks.

Marisa6826
11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
They said that after everybody left, the security detail found him laying in the woods.

So I guess the security detail doesn't work around the clock???

They actually said all of this last week, not last night.

-m

Katia
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah, they didn't really go into details, did they? At the time I thought it was pretty unrealistic that no one would have noticed a high-profile person was missing...and even more so now that we've seen the secret service trying to move into CJ's apartment!

Marisa6826
11-11-2004, 11:57 AM
*sigh*

The show just is almost not worth watching since Sorkin left :(.

Last night seemed pretty implausible. Toby would have never fumbled that badly, CJ is never that wishy washy and I can't believe they don't have a Deputy Press Secretary ready to take over. And Donna is able to not only recover from a pulmonary embolism, but look that great and cruise around in an electric wheelchair just a few weeks after being in a major explosion/car crash??

-m

Katia
11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
You know, I actually got pretty into it last night! You're right, plenty of implausible details, but I enjoyed the humor. Like CJ marching off to everyone's offices instead of having people come see her...and Charlie showing her the direct route into the oval office.

I don't get the Donna character. Seemed pretty ridiculous that she and Toby were the only ones interviewing CJ's replacement -- does she really rank that high?

And I love Jimmy Smits's character already. I was a big LA Law fan -- I often refer to Leo as "Tommy Mulaney".

HGraceMom
11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Is it Jimmy's character who's going to run for pres. during the next election? If so, with all the comments he made last night, it sounds like they might be planting the seeds that they'll run him with Josh as a campaign manager or even VP during the next election... If they did that, and Jimmy's character won, Josh could keep all the staff because of their loyalty & basically continue the show as is...

Just a thought.

Katia
11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Yep, from what I've heard, you are right!

calebsmama03
11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
ARHG! I missed the last half (after CJ went to see Leo in the hosp) and it sounds like I missed a lot! I sure hope they can find a good replacement to "run" - my fave shows are dropping like flies! I like Jimmy SMits, but have to say he'll never be another Jeb Bartlett in my book.....
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

jamsmu
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Makes sense... I had no idea!! Think they'll keep Martin Sheen as an advisor?

What about Alan Alda?

HGraceMom
11-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Martin Sheen's contract is up - I've not read anywhere that he wants to stay. Also, I think I heard somewhere (maybe here) that Alan Alda will be the Republican nominee for the election. The writers haven't decided (as of whenever I heard this rumor recently) who will win the election - that they're not dead set on keeping it a Democratic administration - though I think it'd be hard for Hollywood to portray a positive Republican administration...

jamsmu
11-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Wow! I am so out of the loop! Thanks for filling me in. I'll be sad to see MS go--I love him as president.

parkersmama
11-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Would they really switch it? I'm not sure I'd keep watching if they do. The show certainly isn't as great now as it used to be but it's still a darn good show. I know it isn't nice but I'm so immersed in Republican politics where I live that The West Wing is a nice little escape for me. :)