PDA

View Full Version : I thought "happy dance" was just an expression...

deborah_r
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Well, my little Kai is not a happy camper today...fever, teething, you get the picture. I wanted him to be content long enough for me to make my coffee, so I asked him if he wanted some raisins. He seemed interested. When he saw me get his snack trap and the raisin box from the cabinet, he did his "happy dance" in the middle of the floor! He's had this dance for a long time, he stands in place and rapidly hops from foot to foot. It's like rapid stomping. But he usually just does it randomly or when we ask him to dance, but this was obviously in appreciation of the raisins! He didn't squeal or smile or anything, just the dance.

And can I just say....raisins???? A happy dance for raisins? I wish I could be so wholesome! I'd do a happy dance for Krispy Kreme, brownies, ice cream, an In-n-Out burger, Cheetos, etc...but not for raisins!

DebbieJ
11-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Too cute!

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

candybomiller
11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I've never had an In-n-Out burger. Are they worth giving up being a vegetarian for?

I'm glad to hear that Kai is well enough to do the happy dance!

missym
11-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Gwen does this too. It can either be the Happy Dance or the Vexation Dance, depending on her mood. The more worked up she is, the faster she does it.

We've talked about videotaping it and setting it to the music of Riverdance... for bribery when she's older. ;)

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
20 months and counting!

deborah_r
11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Candy, you are a vegetarian in MONTANA??? Aren't you surrounded by livestock? :)

Well, my DH would say no, but for some reason he has never been impressed with In-n-Out. He's weird though, and he's about the only person I know who doesn't go crazy for them. I will say I prefer Fatburger, but probably even less people have heard of them or have access to one! I still can't believe that a place called Fatburger can survive in super-image-conscious LA...

bluej
11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
LOL! We call that Ryden's 'flashdance'. He does it every single time DH sits down to eat :)

Hope Kai is feeling better and at least you found something to make him happy while he's feeling icky!

candybomiller
11-11-2004, 01:57 PM
I know. Vegetarian and Montana just don't go together, do they? I'm actually vegetarian for two reasons. The first is just that I feel funny about eating meat now. I used to LOVE meat, now I can't even stand the thought. The other reason is that it's SO much easier to keep kosher if you don't eat meat. Dh and Ds still eat meat though.

Haven't heard of Fatburger either. I'm headed to the west coast in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to search out all these places you crazy people keep talking about! :P

Andrea S
11-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Too cute!! Andrew does the happy dance and so does DH. Andrew waits for him to do it after he (andrew) pees on the potty so now Mommy has to do it when Daddy is not home.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

deborah_r
11-11-2004, 03:31 PM
You're not coming to LA are you? I think I saw you were going somewhere more north? I wish you were coming to LA, would love to meet you!