PDA

View Full Version : Skinny chefs annoy the crap out of me.

candybomiller
11-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Not literally. But if you're going to be a cook, I think in order to be taken seriously, you need to have a little meat on your bones.

I can't remember the name of the person of FoodTV who is annoying me right now, but dang it, someone needs to shove some sugar in her mouth and make her swallow!

Ok. Rant over.

MelissaTC
11-11-2004, 02:22 PM
LOL...my Mom says the same thing and it is probably the same person! Is it Giada De Laurentiis from Everyday Italian? Someone needs to shove a meatball or two in her mouth!

wencit
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Yep, I bet you're talking about Giada. I like her recipes, but I CAN'T STAND the way she always closes her eyes after she takes a bite of something she's made and pretends like she's about to have an orgasm.

redhookmom
11-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Try being married to one! It is very, very annoying. My dh is soooo skinny and eats EVERYTHING! And, he come home hungry, which is a whole other gripe.

candybomiller
11-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I think that's who it was. For Pete's sake, EAT!

new_mommy25
11-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I have to come to the skinny chef's defense :) I love to cook and bake and consider myself very good. But after doing it all day I rarely like to eat what I made. I prefer other people to enjoy it. I think it has something to do with just smelling it all day that makes me not want to eat it.

egoldber
11-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Actually I find the opposite to be true. When I see a TV chef who is very overweight, I feel too guilty to try and make what they are making!!

And I also like the shows where they show you how to make yummy tasting stuff WITHOUT using tons of butter, cream, sugar, cheese, oil, etc. I mean PLEASE! I could make cardboard taste good if I added enough cream and sugar to it, LOL!

Marisa6826
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
*sigh*

I SOOO miss Two Fat Ladies!!!! :P

-m

MartiesMom2B
11-11-2004, 03:39 PM
LOL! I agree about the faces that Giada makes!

-Sonia

lizajane
11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
rushing to the defense of skinny chefs!! it can be hard to have enough meat on your bones when you work on your feet for 12+ hours/day! it isn't sanitary to snack while your work, so it isn't actually like working chefs eat all the time. in fact, they usually have to snarf down their food and keep it to one quick meal instead of two or three!

but i do get the joke of it. kinda like all good hairstylists have really bad hair. i guess they practice on themselves too much! i am actually scared of stylists with GOOD hair! i don't think i have ever had one!

bostonsmama
11-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I stopped being hard on skinny people when my eldest brother dated a girl with a metabolism problem. She literally ate ALL day long, and couldn't put on any weight. Then my aunt, who is a size 0 at the age of 42, convinced me that skinny people have feelings, too. She said her feelings really got hurt when people would acuse her of being anorexic/bulemic or tell her she needs to eat a cheeseburger. It wasn't until she explained it that I actually started feeling as sorry for her as I do for myself! Anyhow, I, too, totally understand what you mean with Giada. I love her recipes! You'd think if she were actually eating them, she'd gain weight like Rachel Ray did! LOL. DH and I have been watching her shows together for years and all of the sudden, this fall when her new episodes of 30 Minute Meals came out, we looked at each other and said, "OMG, is her butt bigger? Dang, she gained weight!" Oh well.

psophia17
11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
What about the way that Rachel Ray says "mmnfff" after every bite of any kind of food she eats on any show she's on? I like her shows, but that noise puts me of - it's both fake-sounding and annoying.

And I can't stand Giada...not that she's skinny, but that she thinks she's so special that she has to talk with an Italian accent ALL THE TIME. The last time I watched her show, I decided it was the last time because she said "macaroni" with an accent...mah-cah-ROW-knee.