PDA

View Full Version : Board member appears in Wall St Journal today

alandenisefields
11-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Congrats to Neve for appearing in the Wall Street Journal today!

She was quoted as an expert bargain shopper for the Kettler trike---Neve scored a 35% discount on Kettlers as part of a co-op on these boards. See the article on page D1 (Personal Journal), "A trike with snob appeal."

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise
authors, BABY BARGAINS

missmelis01
11-11-2004, 10:51 PM
I saw the article, and couldn't help but smile when Neve mentioned the BBB! :-)

jasabo
11-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow!! How exciting! Way to go Neve!

Lisa - mom to 17 month old twin boys

lukkykatt
11-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Wow - our Neve made it to the top 10 emailed WSJ articles! DH emailed it to me this morning, not knowing I'd seen it already. He said "Wow, that article was the #8 emailed WSJ article." I just smiled...

turtledove
11-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Here is a copy of the article:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1111wsj-tricycle11-ON.html

MartiesMom2B
11-12-2004, 11:57 AM
That's great that Neve was quoted, but is Kettler going to keep Debbi at Oopsie Daisy as Kettler distributor now that a national newspapers has stated that we're getting co-ops on it? I haven't gotten a Kettler yet, and I hope this article doesn't ruin future Kettler co-ops.

-Sonia

McQ
11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought we weren't supposed to mention the deal. But I know Neve wouldn't have said anything if it would have gotten Debbi in trouble - or jeopardize future co-ops.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

alandenisefields
11-12-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't think these boards are a secret in the industry---many retailers, distributors and others watch what goes on here! Is there a risk that some distributor gets their hand slapped for offering a big discount? Sure, but that doesn't mean board members can't discuss bargains they found here or in our books.

Just our two cents,
Alan & Denise

McQ
11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
No no, not the boards being a secret. The deal being a secret. I just remember reading about how we couldn't call it a co-op, couldn't post it on other wesites (eBay) and were only to call it a store special or something. That's just what I remember.

I like the fact that retailers check here and hopefully use our suggestions to make better product (and Hanna if you're reading this cheaper shipping :)). These boards you provide us have great power. Thanks.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

stillplayswithbarbies
11-12-2004, 02:49 PM
>I don't think these boards are a secret in the
>industry---many retailers, distributors and others watch what
>goes on here! Is there a risk that some distributor gets their
>hand slapped for offering a big discount? Sure, but that
>doesn't mean board members can't discuss bargains they found
>here or in our books.
>

Sure they can discuss it. But as we all know from the co-ops that have been run here, co-ops have to operate in secrecy from the manufacturers or they get shut down. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

So, talking in public about the deals that are arranged from the buying power of this board jeopardizes those very deals. Retailers are not going to be willing to put their businesses on the line for us if this board is getting so big and famous and indiscreet that the back-door deals are being talked about in national newspapers.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM
...AND MORE IMPORTANTLY and as "friends" now thru the process with Debbie-I should clarify (why I don't know) that there is no way I would have done anything to jeapordize her and her business. As a result there is nothing I would do to jeapordize future Kettler co-ops here.

Debbie and I spoke BEFORE I even returned the call to this writer...she and I spent a lot of time discussing what SHE FELT COMFORTABLE WITH, which suprisingly was just about anything (but I woried and thus called her)...and not only that she was taking calls from me for the reporter up unitl 9:00PM the day before the article ran to clarify certain questions the writer had.

To "ruin" the co-op for the boards would only result if I "ruined" something for Debbie, which certainly people don't think I would have done...
That anyone would think I would do anything to upset Debbie or to hurt her (or "ruin" anything) as a distributer isn't giving me much credit.

Debbie was as involved with the conversation as anyone...she had the write up, the page number etc... before anyone and we had her total blessing in the mentioning of the sale.
She was the most excited about it!!!!!!!!

Again I founded the "co-op" so why would I "ruin" it...and worse yet "ruin" her...
And with that said I only speak for Kettler...it was the only item mentioned in the article so what other people do is their business...
BUT there is no guarantee from Debbie one second to the next that this sale will go on again.

To those who think this article exposes these boards THE FIELDS the owner of the boards are the ones who arranged the contact between me and the writer. Such articles benefit them in name of the book being mentioned etc... they are authors and this is what has brought us together....It was not only done with their blessing but with their invitation.

And I can assure you it is not the first time an article has been done about them, the boards and products and clearly won't be the last...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-05
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan