PDA

View Full Version : So this is what my life has become

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 04:10 AM
I went back to work part time and my first day was Tuesday. DS still nurses to sleep so DH and I were really worried about how he would do with me gone. He sometimes falls asleep in the outdoor swing so we went shopping for something indoors. All the mechanical swings have a 25 lb. weight limit (DS is about 21 lbs.) and he wasn't very comfortable in the infant-toddler rocker. So check out what my MIL came home with!!! I have a very TINY living room and this thing is a BEAST!! Of course Noah loves it to death. Today I taught him how to roll trucks and balls down the slide and he got a huge kick out of that. The theory on pushing him to sleep in the swing has not been working. So instead I've been slowly pushing his bedtime back to 9:30 pm and that is working much better.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16898.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16899.jpg

jubilee
11-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Look at the joy on Noah's face! He seems to love it :) He's king of the castle!

barbarhow
11-12-2004, 08:03 AM
He is so cute!!! How much do you think he loves monopolizing the living room? I think it really makes him king.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

hez
11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
I love looking at pictures of your son-- he has the greatest eyes and smile! I've given up on my family room, but I'm not going to show this pic to DH or I'll completely lose it to this same toy! Hope the sleeping gets better-- DS slowly (ever so slowly!) learned to fall asleep without nursing, so I understand.

jec2
11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Ha Ha! That is now your living room, isn't it?! I could just imagine how well that would fit in ours too. Oh, how fun though! Noah looks like he's having an absolute blast :)

mharling
11-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Hee hee... At some point in your life, I'm sure it was difficult to imagine this happening! Noah is absolutely one of the cutest kids I've seen; seeing pictures of him put the biggest smile on my face. Adorable! At least 'giving up' your living room is for a good cause. ;)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Emmas Mom
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM
That is so cute (your DS included!). :) Can you (or anyone) tell me what that is called?? That would be great for my DD & I've been trying to find a swing for her.

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 05:51 PM
It's by Little Tikes and is called Castle Swing Along. We bought it at TRU. Here is a link. http://tinyurl.com/6rk5x We love it even though it's huge :) DS can get in and out of the swing on his own which is a huge plus. We're in the process of getting bids to lanscape our yard and when it's finished we'll put it outside. I like that more than one child can fit on it. My SIL is pregnant and I would eventually like to have more children so I think we will get our moneys worth.

Melanie
11-12-2004, 05:54 PM
HAHAHA...yeah like he's going to sleep there! Thumbs up to the MIL for at least trying. =)

redhookmom
11-12-2004, 06:35 PM
WOW, that's the life!

papal
11-12-2004, 06:44 PM
heehee! Noah rules! I can't imagine him SLEEPING in that swing though!!

Also, do I notice a dispie on Noah? gasp! What gives??!! :)

ALLEYCAT
11-12-2004, 07:40 PM
My mother wants to get W one of these for Christmas. She says it is too cold outside for him to play. Would you recommend it for living room use? Oh, and you are busted by the CD police!

rrosen
11-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Yes, it is what your life has become! Isn't it wonderful?!?! Noah is precious as ever!

tarahsolazy
11-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Gotta admit, I noticed the traitor dipe, too, says the lady whose kid is sleeping in Huggies tonight! :)

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
LOLOL! As I was posting the picture I knew someone was going to bust me for that diaper!! DH changes Noah first thing in the morning so it is always a disposable. I can't really complain because I am too lazy to get out of bed :)

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Leslie, as long as your DS is not diving off the sides it is fine for indoor use. Eventually we'll put it outside and lay mulch under it for a soft landing.

tippy
11-13-2004, 01:41 AM
That hair...those eyes...oh yea, nice toy too!