PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful...

himom
11-12-2004, 06:06 AM
If your DC has the Fisher Price Fire Engine.

DS was playing quietly with his trucks when he suddenly came over and put something into my hand. It was the battery door and screw for the truck! I ran over and hunted down all of the batteries, then removed truck, batteries, door, and screw from his reach.

I can't tell you how much this scared me. I'm so thankful he had the sense to leave the batteries alone and come and give me the door.

We've never changed the batteries or opened the door. I have no idea how it came off, but from the way the batteries were scattered (2 in his toybox, one on the floor) I think the door might have popped off when he dropped the truck into his toybox, then the contents fell out when he picked the truck up to take it out again.

Fisher Price and the CPSC are getting a letter too, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up just in case. And it may sound paranoid, but I'm checking all his other Fisher Price toys too.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 06:52 AM
That's really scary! Do send a letter. You may want to leave a review on Amazon too. That might reach more audieneces than the CPSC does because it is also posted on TRU and Target.com.