PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson GUILTY!

steph2003
11-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Sorry just had to post that - just heard verdict. I think the guy is such a scum bag.

psophia17
11-12-2004, 04:15 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad a jury somewhere got something right :-) When will he be sentenced?

peasprout
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm watching it now. Wow, first and second degree murder. I'm just glad it's over. Laci's body was found where I always walk my dog and DD was born at around that time so I've always felt close to this case. So sad for everyone involved,...

JP

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I would have bet my last dollar that he was going to walk!!!!
Thank you for sharing....!!!!!!
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-05
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

houseof3boys
11-12-2004, 04:41 PM
I just saw this post (haven't watched tv all day) and when I read your subject I said "Yes" really loudly and scared the dog.

I am so excited that he got the guilty verdict. He is a real piece of work.

DDowning
11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
I too am relieved a guilty verdict won out. Unfortunately, here in California the appeals process is so strung out for cases likes these that if the death penalty is granted, it will likely be 20 years before the execution is carried out. We're not Texas by any means.

edited for typos.

calebsmama03
11-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Mee too! They were interviewing some legal analyists on the Today show this AM and one said he'd bet they come up with a verdict today, being Friday. Unfortunately I'm sure he's got grounds for appeal given the 2 jurors that were released this week :(
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

MelissaTC
11-12-2004, 04:52 PM
I was so worried that it was going to be a hung jury or they were going to let him walk. I clapped and cheered when I heard the verdict. It is just so sad that what seems like a wonderful person had such an awful thing happen to her. I feel so bad for her family. I hope that she can rest in peace now. I have been following this case from the beginning and took special interest in it once I learned that she and I were born a day apart. I am glad it is over and I hope he gets the punishment he deserves for doing such a horrific thing...

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 05:38 PM
And thank goodness. I was practically doing the happy dance when I heard the verdict on the news.