PDA

View Full Version : Should I tip the tile installers?

lisaE
11-13-2004, 05:40 PM
We are getting tile installed in our guest and master bathrooms. In the master, they are also tearing down all the tile in the shower and around the tub and replacing it. It's been a lot of work for them so far. The guys are so nice. Plus we want to use them again next year to re-tile our kitchen and entryway. So I want to stay on their good side, I guess.

When I look at all the work they have done, it doesn't seem like they are charging us that much. So, would you tip each guy? (There's 3 of them.) If yes, how much?

jadamom
11-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I didn't tip the tile men when they did our backsplash and shower. I did offer them something to drink and praised them for their efforts. If you're inclined tip them, I'm sure they would appreciate whatever amount you're comfortable with.

Marisa6826
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Are you paying them directly or are you paying a company?

If you are paying them cash, then no. Although, when I was having work done here, I supplied lunch and drinks all day.

If you're paying a company, I'd toss them maybe $20 a piece. Tell them Merry Christmas early.

-m

toomanystrollers
11-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Tip - No. Coffee & Donuts - Yes :)

himom
11-13-2004, 10:18 PM
DH is a contractor, and they don't get tips. If you provide lots of drinks they'll probably be happy! Snacks or lunch is an extreme bonus but some people do offer.

HTH!

Jodi

kijip
11-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Contracters, like other owner/operators, do not get tips. You could make a point to give them lots of referrals. And just throwing the job next year their way is a great thing. And coffee, donuts and soft drinks are a kind gesture.