PDA

View Full Version : Support and reassurance needed -- going away for work! :-(

californiamom
11-13-2004, 05:48 PM
OK, I admit it -- I am not handling this well at all! I am going on a business trip to Chihuahua in Mexico tomorrow and will be away for a week. I can't stop crying! I hate this. I didn't want to go at all. :-( I never thought I would "leave" my precious DD this early to go on a trip -- any trip. Oh, well. I can't stop worrying or feeling homesick already. I can't even write! This is so tough. I am going to miss her TERRIBLY. Oh, why, why, WHY???? :-(

Anyway, just want to vent a bit. Thanks for reading.

barbarhow
11-13-2004, 07:40 PM
((((((((Hugs))))))) to you. Lots of them. It is hard. I'm not going to lie. My first time away from Jack was not for work but for a tennis tournament-I never thought our team would make it to sectionals but we did. I nearly freaked. I have to admit though-I did manage to enjoy myself. It was great for DH to spend all that time with DS, too. It definately gave him a better understanding of what my day is like. The worst times for me were when I called home. I would cry for a while after the calls. The rest of the time I did fine. And boy, did I ever sleep well. That was the best part.
Trying to find some positives for you. Is it working?????

jamsmu
11-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh Ana, I'm sure that will be hard. I bet you've already packed a bunch of pictures and momentos. The phone calls will be so precious!

And your return home will be the best return ever--look forward to that part of the trip.

Hugs,

tina-t
11-13-2004, 08:05 PM
(((hugs))) I have not left ds for more than a few hours, but I feel your frustration. Just hope that the days will fly by fast and you will be back with your family in no time.

californiamom
11-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks, ladies.

Tomorrow it will be hard because I will be in Mexico City with not much to do other than meet with a couple of co-workers from there. On Monday we'll go to Chihuahua where I think my days will be much busier -- we will be managing/supervising the set up of a big event. So I hope my week will go by fast.

I did pack a few pictures and I am taking my laptop with me -- with LOTS of pictures in it, too! :-)

Thank you for the support and for your kind words. You guys are the best!

starrynight
11-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Ana, lots of {hugs} mama. I hope the week goes quickly for you.