PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Brownie Fairy!!!!!!

caheinz
11-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

This came at a great time! It's been getting chillier and chillier here in the Chi-town area, and though both DH and I originally grew up here, we spent the past 2.5 years in Tucson! Add to that a sinus infection that has spread to an ear infection, and ultimately pneumonia (seemingly, hopefully bacterial, and caught very early)... this past week has pretty much sucked... (I've been in the doctor's office twice (and on the phone much more) and am now taking 2 different antibiotics... fortunately, the docs there are great, and both are ok for BFing, and DS isn't showing any reaction to them!)

So, it was with great surprise and pleasure to have DH bring in the mail with a box from "B. Fairy" (he was confused, but busy quieting the dog...). It's filled with yummy treats for chilly weather, like hot chocolate, with the requisite marshmallows, and Tasty Cakes! MMmmmmmm! (We actually used to be able to get those pre-Tucson, in upstate NY, but haven't seen them here...) (We actually saw a show on FoodTV about Tasty Cakes when we were in NY, after which we were hooked on them for some time!)

So, thank you very much, my Philly-area Brownie Fairy! Definitely a bright spot in an otherwise bad-to-worse week!

ETA: Thanks for the lotion, too!!! My hands are awful when it's this dry!!!! (Was too caught up in the chocolate before!!! :-) )

rrosen
11-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Bumping this up so your awesome Brownie Fairy does not miss it!

caheinz
11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Another bump, since I'm not sure my fairy has seen this yet!!!

BrownieFairy
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
You are very welcome. So sorry it took me a while to reply, I am on the 2nd day of a week long family vacation!

And I am sooo sorry to hear that you have pneumonia. I hope your goodies help with your recovery. :-)

Here's another hint -- Our DC were born one day apart.....

BrownieFairy
11-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Bump! ;-)

caheinz
11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Ah, elusive Brownie Fairy... I saw your message yesterday, but did not have time to play. I'll spend some time today and see if I can't figure it out!!!! (You've definitely provided enough clues, I think!!!!)

Thanks again!!!!

caheinz
11-15-2004, 12:38 PM
OK, I'm ready to make a guess.

You're in/near Philly, our DC are a day apart, and you're on a family vacation...

Well, I think I found you, and your web site, and it all lines up. (If I'm wrong, then there are two people fitting said descriptions!!!!)

Thank you, Melissa, Mommy to Lucas, missmelis01!!!!

I hope you're enjoying the warmer weather! Hope you're getting some sunshine, too!

:-)

ps the Kandy Kakes are really yummy! I don't think I've tried those before!!!!

caheinz
11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
bump, so my vacationing Brownie Fairy can let me know if I've found her out!

missmelis01
11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
You were right! I'm glad you liked the Kandy Kakes -- they happen to be my favorite, too.

And yes, we are definitely enjoying the warmer weather. It's a bummer that we have to go back home to the chilly Philly weather! :-) Something I wasn't expecting -- in the warmer climate cities, you can buy great winter clothes cheap on sale. Who would've known that I would come home with a new winter wardrobe for Lucas?!?!?

But enough about me, I hope you are feeling better, and I'm glad you are enjoying the goodies.

caheinz
11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks, Melissa!!!!!!

I am feeling better. Getting cabin fever at home, so heading into work tomorrow. (I enjoy work, and I've already missed half of my teaching assignments for the week.) Gonna bring the hot chocolate (and marshmallows!) in to keep me warm, though!

Your blog is great, by the way! What a great collection of information!

And, congrats on the new wardrobe for Lucas! (I never noticed that in Tucson, then again, we didn't need winter clothes there, and we left in August!)

Glad you found the post, too! I didn't want to bump too many times!

Enjoy what's left of your vacation, and don't worry about the weather at home until you're on the flight back (at the soonest!)!

Thanks again!!!!!