PDA

View Full Version : Cross post - 3 carseats in Passat wagon?

lukkykatt
11-14-2004, 10:51 AM
I posted in the car seats forum, but I know quite a few of us here have Passat wagons. Has anyone gotten 3 seats in the back? If so, what did you use?

My gf's husband is having surgery and I would like to help her out. Our children go to the same preschool, and it would be easy for me to take her home if I could get another seat in the back. We have a MA and an Advantage. We also have a FPSE and an Evenflo comet available in DH's car.

Some background: I will have one 2 year old and two 4 year olds. My friend has a backless booster (her daughter is over 40 pounds). Also, I wouldn't mind getting another slim booster seat to have on hand for occassions like this - if I knew there was any combination that would work.

I was hoping someone may have had some experience, so I won't have to take out all of my seats and see if there is a possible successful combination. The booster definitely didn't fit between the seats I have in my car now. Any success stories?

Momof3Labs
11-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I haven't even tried two in my Passat, but can you flip any of your seats backward facing? Would that make a difference?