PDA

View Full Version : Oh God. The nausea! It's back! UPDATED :(

Marisa6826
11-14-2004, 05:26 PM
And it is sooooo bad. I almost had to pull over twice today. :(

As soon as I eat ANYTHING it hits me like a truck.

Please let this end...

-m

starrynight
11-14-2004, 05:28 PM
:( I hope it passes really quick M!! I had it bad like that when I was pregnant with Daria, it totally stinks.

psophia17
11-14-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling so icky!

Has anything at all helped relieve the nausea? I had horrible motion sickness while pg, including when I drove, and the only things that helped were butterscotch candies and seabands, the motion sickness bracelets. I was also forever eating dry toast or plain ricecakes. I just never let myselt get hungry and it was a little better. A woman I worked with got something called preggo pops and they helped her a bit.

Here's hoping that it goes away fast :-)

deenass
11-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Well Marisa, the good news is it WILL end in a few weeks! If you can get your hands on a RELIEF band, I highly recommend them.

jamsmu
11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh how awful. I really hope you are feeling better before the 3 weeks are over!! I recently saw a "pregnancy lollipop" at Mimi Maternity--don't worry, shopping for diaper bags. Maybe that will help?

momathome
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Hang in there, sista, the end is in sight! Do brownies help quell nausea? ;) Hugs - I am going to try and call you tomorrow - we'll be in all day because Kasey is sick. Take care!

new_mommy25
11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Sweetie, I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly and in the home stretch too.
Hang in there. Can you not even stand a brownie?

jesseandgrace
11-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Hang in there! I hope you are feeling better soon, and it won't be long now :).

cdlamis
11-14-2004, 09:58 PM
The nausea can come back????? Don't tell me!

Anyway, sorry you are feeling crummy. Hope it passes soon- I know it's not very comforting to say that you only have 2 more weeks.

Hang in there!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

marit
11-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh sister, we are in the same boat. I'm approaching the end of the first trimester and every time I think I'm feeling better, I puke again...

It will get better! I tried the preggo pops. The first one helped a lot (placebo effect?) but the next one didn't. Try not to be hungry, sometimes plain white rice is the only thing that works. Also, try clear soup.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon,

Marit

dowlinal
11-14-2004, 11:06 PM
M,

Are you taking the pre-natal vitamins that help with nausea? I have no idea which one it is, but the nurse at my ob told me that one type is supposed to help with this. Nothing helped me but it might be worth asking about.

Have you tried baked potatos or ice pops? Those were really the only things I knew weren't coming back.

Melanie
11-14-2004, 11:12 PM
how about a constant supply of saltines? I had to eat one before getting out of bed in the morning...there was a time I thought I'd never want to see another one of those!

Marisa6826
11-14-2004, 11:46 PM
I tried them the first trimester and even the largest size cut so badly into my wrists, I had no circulation :(

-m

Marisa6826
11-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Well, after writing the original post, I oh-so-slowly made the merge into my bedroom, where I discovered not only nausea, but chills and what ended up being a 102.1 fever. I had two down comforters on for a while, but now I'm sweltering.

I ended up calling the OB and cardiologist. My heart rate is all wonky from the fever (128bpm), but my blood pressure is too low, so I can't really take my meds.

Looks like Jonathan will be staying home tomorrow.

UGH.

-m

hez
11-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Marisa-- Hope you get some decent sleep, and I hope you're feeling much, much better in the morning! Being sick is NO fun. Hugs!

pritchettzoo
11-15-2004, 12:03 AM
That sucks, Marisa. I hope it passes quickly.

Anna

P.S. Ignore the attachment and edits, just updating my avatar.

kitmama
11-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Love the new avatar, Anna! So cute!

Marisa, I really hope you feel much better soon. That's just got to suck. Take care of yourself!

jubilee
11-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Um... it's not early labor is it??

jk3
11-15-2004, 07:18 AM
I hope today is a better day.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

papal
11-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Oh no! Nausea and now a fever.. ugh. Rest up girlie... your body is probably telling you take it easy before Amelia gets here. Wish I was there to bring some chicken soup over (or would that make you nauseous too?). Have you tried ginger candy? Or sucking on a clove?

Hope you are feeling better this morning. Hugs!

Kieransmom
11-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Aww, Marisa, I am so sorry to hear about this. There is nothing worse than being that ill and pregnant. I was 5 months prego and came down with something horrible. It's not a pleasant time to be ill. I'm thinking about you. Rest up and get better real soon!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030509/1/5/0/+10/.png[/img][/url]

cinrein
11-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh Marisa! I hope you are feeling better sweetie. The only good thing about these things is they usually pass quickly. Sending healing vibes.

Cindy and Anna

MartiesMom2B
11-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Sweetie:

I know this sucks. But I hate to say this, but about a month before Martie was born, I barfed every morning again. If it is the same type of thing, at least it'll end in less than a month!

Hugs,
-Sonia

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-15-2004, 09:19 AM
I hope this finds you in bed under comforters!!!!
Keep us posted our thoughts are with you!!!!

Hugs,

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

mudder17
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Anna, love the avatar. Hard to ignore it. :)

Marisa, I really hope you feel better soon. Fever, chills, and nausea are NOT fun even when you aren't pg. I hope you're comfortably ensconsed in bed when you read this and Jonathan will be babying you. This may be nature's way of telling you to slow down before Amelia comes. Rest up and feel better soon. I hope your appetite for brownies returns soon. :)

Hugs and kisses!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

candybomiller
11-15-2004, 10:28 AM
I hope you're feeling better!! Sending many brownie wishes your way!

barbarhow
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh you poor girl! I am so sorry you are feeling so rotten. I wish I were closer I would bring you some nice chicken noodle soup and some saltines and then whisk Sophie away to play with Jack so that you could sleep the rest of the day away without worrying.
All I could think of with your original post was OMG! It's groundhog day......Not funny since you really are sick. But it started me thinking-what if you could get pregnant again while you were still pregnant. (I think I need some more sleep......)
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

Edited for spelling.

jamsmu
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Marisa,

I hope you are beginning to feel better. We're thinking of you.

momma_boo
11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Aw, Marisa. Get some rest and feel better soon!
I hope the nausea is related to your current ailment and will go away as soon as you get better.

toomanystrollers
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Hope you're feeling human today :) Get some good deserved rest!!

Marisa6826
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
That was a horrible, horrible night.

I was up every hour, freezing, then sweating, and from 2-4:30am sitting on the edge of my bed because I couldn't breathe from my heart rate going so fast. Add in a killer headache and I really should have gone to the hospital, but I just couldn't get it together enough to drive there. I think my fever was around 103.1 at 4am.

This morning, the chills are back, and everything just HURTS. Throw in the ever-present nausea and now a stomach on auto-eject, and I'm just the life of the party. I'm also pretty certain I pulled my round ligaments getting in and out of bed so many times last night.

The irony of all this is that I have GALLONS of homemade chicken soup in the freezer I made last week. The thought of it is sooooo unappetizing at the moment. :(

Jonathan stayed home today, but he HAS to go to work tomorrow b/c of a double deadline.

Just shoot me now.

-m

starrynight
11-15-2004, 01:40 PM
I hope you feel better quick M, it sounds awful :(. If I was local I would come and take care of you and Sophie while Jonathan is at work.

marinkitty
11-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Marisa - Sorry you feel so awful. Hopefully Jonathan can come home and bring some chicken soup or something that won't upset your stomach! Hang in there!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

jamsmu
11-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I was so hoping you'd be feeling better!! Is there anyone (a preteen neighbor maybe) that you can call to come play with Sophie tomorrow after school? I have an 8 y.o. neighbor who I pay $5 to come play with Carson when I have things to do or don't feel well. She loves coming over for an hour or 2 and the $5 is a BIG deal!! Wish I could lend her to you, but you're a little far.

zuzu
11-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Yikes!! Feel better soon.

Hugs,
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

calebsmama03
11-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Poor thing!! Feel better soon.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

mamahill
11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Oh NO! I am so sorry! I really hope this is just a fleeting thing and doesn't haunt you for the next couple weeks. Could it be food poisoning? Take it easy. And slow. And hallelujiah for Baby Einstein and Signing Times. Wishing you better times ahead...

mudder17
11-15-2004, 06:39 PM
{{{{{{Marisa}}}}} I wish I could help you out! I'm sorry it sounds like it's getting worse. :( Sending some prayers and healing thoughts your way!

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

Marisa6826
11-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, after staying in bed all day, feeling pretty crappy, at 5:30 I ended up with really bad chills again. I buried myself under two down comforters and woke up two hours later with a 105.1 fever. I got it to knock down to 103.1, but with a 140bpm heartrate. My little Lamb gave me a hug before going to bed tonight and she said, "Hot!" :(

Called the OB, he allowed me one Advil (which is kind of risky in the 3rd trimester, but we thought the benefits outweighed the potential risk to me and Amelia) and told me to take a cool shower.

I"m feeling much, much better. The fever is down to about 100.1, although my stomach is still on hardcore auto-eject.

My MOTHER threatened to come up tomorrow. I told her absolutely under no circumstances was she to do that. That's the LAST thing I need.

I will lock Sophie in my bedroom with me tomorrow if that's what it takes!

BTW- the homemade chicken soup made the nausea sooooo much worse!

Go figure!

-m

TaChapm
11-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Yikes! I wish I was there to help you out. My OB was freaked out about me running a 104 fever. I couldn't imagine 105.1! Get plenty of rest tonight and take care of yourself and Amelia. Hope you feel much better in the morning!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Suprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

mharling
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Oh no, Marisa!!! What rotten timing for you. :( Sending lots of get well vibes your way, as way as 'stay-away-mother' vibes. Hugs to you!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Tondi G
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
OH NO... I was hoping you would update that things were getting better!!!! You poor thing! Here are some get well soon vibes headed your way..... fingers crossed that maybe you'll wake up in the AM feeling much better. I'm glad the fever has come down..... hopefully it will stay down and whatever your fighting will head on out!

I'd stay away from the chicken soup till you can keep down more bland things..... saltine crackers, applesauce, toast, rice...... think BRAT diet! My mom always tells me when I am sick to make rice and put lemon and salt on it.... something about it is supposed to help! You could also try baked potato with lemon and salt!

Good luck.... hope you get some rest tonight and tomorrow is a much better day!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
EDD #2 5/5/05

Judegirl
11-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Here's hoping you continue to feel better, Marisa! Hang in there!

:)
Jude

ismommy
11-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Marisa,

Hugs. I hope this is over quickly. 105.1 I cant imagine.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

mudder17
11-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Ugh! I was hoping you'd be feeling better by now. :( I'm glad the fever is finally down, but for your stomach, I agree with Tondi to stick to the BRAT diet. I don't think I could get down chicken soup with my stomach feeling so awful.

Sending you more healing vibes and "stay away mother" vibes. :)

Eileen

momathome
11-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Jeez, Marisa, I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it - that stinks! I agree with your decision NOT to have your mother come up - unless you are on your death bad, I can't imagine she is actually going to make you feel better. ;) Take care, girlie, and hopefully you will be on the mend soon. {{{hugs}}}

smomom
11-16-2004, 08:49 AM
you poor thing. How awful that you've been so sick. I hope the worst part is over and you start down a very quick healing path. I'm truly sorry the past couple of days have been so rough.

barbarhow
11-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Hugs and more hugs to you. Wow. You have been through the wringer. I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. Like your mother thinks she's going to help you feel better. Oh boy....
Are you up for phone calls-I haven't called because it sounds like you might not be up for the phone. Let me know.
Wish I were there to help.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

mysweetboy
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Marissa....you poor thing! I hope that your fever is still down and that you're feeling much better today. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

steph2003
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Yowser mama! take care of yourself....

is it a flu bug? I know there is just so much junk going around now as we are into the winter months. Sometimes it makes me want to hole up in my house & seal all the windows/doors because when I go out I'm surround by coughing/wheezing/hacking people!!!! ok that sounds a little freakish of me but it is just miserable being sick & you are preggers too!

jk3
11-16-2004, 11:00 AM
I hope you are feeling better today - at least somewhat better. I'm sorry you are going through this. How nice of your mother - just what you need! Rest up if you can + keep us posted.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

octmom
11-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh, Marisa! I didn't see this thread before and I had no idea that you were going through this. Ugh. I hope that things improve for you today and that you are back on your feet very soon.

Sending fever-chasing vibes your way! ~~~~~

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

brigmaman
11-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Oh, Marisa! I hope you start feeling better today! So sorry you're feeling under the weather. The last few weeks are trying as it is, without being sick!!
Hugs, Mama!!

Marisa6826
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
And things are only mildly better. :(

It seems the fever has broken, but as a trade off, I can't control anything stomach wise (sorry if TMI).

The OB wanted to see me today, but I'm afraid to get in the car. I am pretty certain I can't make the 40+ minute trip without getting sick. And honestly, there's not much he can do for me. It's pretty clearly a virus, and it's not like I can easily take antibiotics (I'm allergic to penicillin and erythromycin). :(

Jonathan had to go to work today, so I have Sophie and the pigdogs locked in the bedroom with me. At least I know what everybody is up to simultaneously. Sophie is currently torturing the dogs with a bag of Nilla Wafers.

Can I just say how sick I am of Sesame Street Play with Me?

UGH

-m

slknight
11-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh my gosh, Marisa. I am so sorry that you're still sick. :-( I'm hoping you're feeling better very soon. Have you tried some flat 7-up? That's what my mom always gave me when I had an upset stomach.

Sending big (((hugs))).

Dcclerk
11-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh honey, the torture! Am so sorry that you still feel hideous. I had that bug or whatever it is a month ago and have not felt that bad in about 10 years. You are a mighty impressive one to brave the pigdogs and youngun in that state.

On the WAAAAY too much info subject, I always carry ziplock baggies in the car. I always have such lame morning sickness that I have become an expert in throwing up while driving. I had to utilize the old bag just last night at 21 weeks. Can you imagine the trauma I must inflict on innocent drivers who look over at the wrong time?

I hope that you have a super quick recovery.

drsweetie
11-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry that you're not feeling better! I wish I lived closer so I could come pick you up and take you to the doctor. Hugs and calm tummy wishes to you!

Ellen

jec2
11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
wow, it really has been a rough couple of days :( No fun spending the tail end of your pregnancy feeling like cr@p. Not like the 1st trimester wasn't bad enough, right?! Hang in there. We're pulling for you :)

Marisa6826
11-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Kerry-

At the risk of providing TMI, a baggy would hardly cut it in my situation. Think farther south :(

-m

amp
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
M - I just saw this. Sorry you are feeling so incredibly crappy! I hope you are feeling better soon! Take care and get lots of rest. Hugs!

McQ
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Well at least you always crack me up. So sorry your having such a crappy day ;) Hope you feel better soon.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04