PDA

View Full Version : Bra fitting help (X-post from Feeding your baby)

sntm
11-19-2004, 10:04 AM
I am splurging on some of the Elle Macpherson nursing bras, but I am totally confused as to which of the many and contradictory ways I am supposed to measure myself for the size. I am anywhere from a 32DD to a 36A and everywhere in between based on three different ways of doing it.

I already missed out on free shipping because of this, and I want those bras! I don't trust the dept stores around me to do it correctly either and these bras are nowhere near me, so I have to mailorder. Plus, this isn't brain surgery (which I could maybe do anyway ) and I shouldn't require a professional to subtract two numbers, I just need to know how they do it.

My ribcage/under the boob measurement is 31.
My boob measurement is 36.
What am I???

I'm leaning towards trusting hte breakoutbras website (round up to nearest even number for size, so 32), but I can't figure out if I should be doing 36-31=5->DD or 36-32=4->D

The site that sells the bras is the genius that tells me I'm a 36A, so I'm not trusting them. No place nearby to get measured.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 17 months and counting

mamicka
11-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Gosh can I relate. I would say, trust the breakoutbras website more than others - they're always more acurate for me. If I were you, I'd probaby order the 32D & 32DD & see which fit better, sending the other back. Because you have to round-up, you may be in-between cup sizes & trying-on is the only way to tell.

Good luck!
Allison

jec2
11-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Shannon, I swear, every time I measure my bust I end up as a 34AA (and that is smaller than I measured pre-pregnancy!) I really recommend going to a dept. store. Nordstrom, if you have one near you, is wonderful and I have always trusted them. Good luck.

kristine_elen
11-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I'd have a professional measure you. When I went to buy a nursing bra, I tried some on, thought I'd found a good size, then was ambushed by a saleswoman who insisted on measuring me. Turns out I was about to buy a bra two sizes too small. I went to a store in a hospital that sells nursing bras.