PDA

View Full Version : Joshua's 1st birthday (and Rashmi's invite)

lmintzer
11-20-2004, 09:37 AM
My (formerly) tiny little baby turned 1 this past Tuesday! I can't believe my little 5 pounder is now babbling, speed crawling, and cruising. He's still a little peanut, but I'm actually really enjoying that he still seems like a baby. His first b-day was bittersweet for me since he's probably our last baby.

Today, we're having his party. Roughly 30 people (including 10 kids!). It's going to be some crazy fun around here. Our "theme" is fall/harvest. Rashmi made us some gorgeous invites. I'll try to post one here. I'll post a few party pix later on.

Edited after the party: Well, we survived, but it was pretty chaotic. My house looked looked pretty trashed after the party, and we got so many LARGE plastic toys. I don't know where we're going to put all of them. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but what happened to books or small toys for gifts? I'm adding a few party pix. The first is Joshua in his b-day outfit. The next is his cake. The third is a pic of my paper leaf decorations (man, those were time-consuming, but I like to do home-made decorations since I don't bake the cake or cook, lol), and the fourth is the b-day boy trying his egg-free, dairy-free cake (he has food allergies).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17339.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17425.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17426.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17427.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17428.jpg

ErinMC
11-20-2004, 09:40 AM
He is so adorable! Enjoy all the festivities today. And the card turned out beautifully!

murpheyblue
11-20-2004, 10:22 AM
I LOVE it! The pictures of your little man interspersed with the fall scenes is great. Could he be any cuter?

jk3
11-20-2004, 10:41 AM
He's a cutie + the invitation is fabulous. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jbowman
11-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Your son is so handsome, and the card is beautiful! Happy birthday to Joshua! Have a fun time at the party!!!

papal
11-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Happy Belated Birthday to my dear Joshua!!! I cannot believe you are already ONE!!!! Congratulations Lisa! Have a wonderful party.

Hugs,

steph2003
11-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Gorgeous invite - I love the fall colors. And a beautiful baby!

ellies mom
11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Happy birthday to your little one, and to you too! I felt like DD's birthday was kind of a birthday for me too since I did have her. Good job keeping him alive and well for the first year. I love the invite. I love the theme. I'm going to have to steal it for DD's birthday next year. Have fun today.

barbarhow
11-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Happy late Birthday Joshua! He is absolutely beautiful! As is the card, the cake and your decorations. You did such a great job. Let us know how the party goes. Know you're having a ball!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

usfrph
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Happy Birthday to your DS! What a cute baby and great invite too.

candybomiller
11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Belated Happy Birthday to Joshua. :) Hard to believe he's one, isn't it?

((HUGS)) Lisa. I know what you mean about it being bittersweet. They're just growing up so fast, aren't they?!

BTW, Rashmi, I am always amazed by what a fantastic job you do with the photo collages. You're amazing!

alexsmommy
11-21-2004, 10:12 PM
So cute - so sorry we had to miss the party - but I gotta say, I'm relieved that whenever I do swing by to drop off the gifts they are 1. small 2. wood 3. and a book LOL. I totally know what you mean about really big plastic toys - not to sound ungrateful. You're glad we didn't come. Although Alex is now holding down food, he is far from healthy. Let's just say I am looking forward to working tomorrow and getting a break...
Joshua looks adorable as usual!
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

mharling
11-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday, Joshua!!! It looks like you had a great time at your party. Congrats Lisa and great job with the decorations; they look awesome! And of course, I love the photo collage!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

sugarsnappea
11-22-2004, 06:45 AM
I can't believe he is already one. Happy Belated Birthday Joshua! :)
Very cute pics, and I love Rashmi's invite.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
I love the invite, the decoration, the cake...and of course little Joshua!!!!!....was he not meant to be infront of a camera??????
So cute and so glad you shared!!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

babymama
11-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Santiago sends big b-day hi fives to his long-distance buddy born on the same day as he was. We had a rockin party too. Will post pics later. Love the invite and the fall theme for decorations and cake (beautiful cake BTW). Santiago wore his red monkey robeez to his party too! Looks like a fun party, thanks for sharing!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

votre_ami03
11-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Joshua is gorgeous! Congrat's & happy 1st b-day.

Great invite Rashmi! You are so cool.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

tippy
11-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Sorry to be replying so late! First of all, I have to say that is probably the nicest invitation I have every seen! I love your fall theme and that you took it from the card all the way throughout the party. Your invitations and cake were beautiful. Wow, what an inspiration for a creatively challenged mom. Last but not least, it doesn't hurt that your ds is sooooo cute. It looks like he had a great time!
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

jd11365
11-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Look at that sweet boy! A big happy birthday...what a cutie! Looks like he had a wonderful time at his party!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

mysweetboy
11-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Happy belated birthday, Joshua!

What a happy boy, Lisa. And Rashmi's work is beautiful as usual. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

kristenk
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
The invitation looks great! I love the cake and the leaf decorations - what a great theme! And what a cutie pie you have! :)

lmintzer
11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks for looking and for the very nice feedback. : )

Teva--I'm sure you're not "creatively challenged" -- you probably just have to find your niche. You see, mine comes in part from guilt about not cooking a single thing for my children's parties (well, ds#1 and I did bake one batch of cookiesk, but that's it). It was lots of fun planning around a theme, though. Once you have a theme, you just run with it, and in our case, Rashmi's amazing talent was the driving force. Thanks again, Rashmi. : )

Alaina--I keep forgetting you read these boards and post sometimes, lol. : ) I'm sorry you guys missed the party, and I hope Alex is feeling much better! I'm glad you hadn't purchased a large, plastic toy. I certainly would not wanted to have offended you. Hopefully, none of our other guests (i.e., plastic-givers) lurk here. : ) Let's definitely try to get together. We have a lot to catch up on!

Lydia: Joshua says "Happy Birthday" to his red monkey Robeez-wearing, birthday buddy Santiago as well. That's funny that they both wore the same shoes! What did his outfit look like? How big is he? Joshua weighed in at a whopping 19 lbs. 1 oz (10th) and was 28 1/2 inches (5th).

Thanks again, guys. You are all so sweet! I'm thinking I'll print out these posts and the ones from 1 year ago for his baby book. He'll probably get a kick out of reading messages from all these internet friends.

alexsmommy
11-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Lisa,
Do not worry. I would have pretended not to see it if I had gone the Fisher Price route. Like all my gifts lately, time management was the main concern so we hit Red Wagons while picking up fish from Whole Foods. No plastic there... Barbara's Bookstore while at the Dr.s - I have toooo much big, loud plastic here so I'm a big fan of wood and quiet right now.

hez
11-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Love the invite, and Joshua looks so cute at his party! Great decorations, momma!

OH-- and I hear ya' on the big plastic gifts. We still have 3 or 4 in DS's closet waiting to be rotated in (we don't have room to have them all out at the same time!). My family is under strict orders that Christmas will be books or savings bonds. NO TOYS!

starrynight
11-26-2004, 10:58 PM
He is adorable!! Happy borthday Joshua :), the invite is fab!!

We have food allergies here too, I've never had a dairy free cake look that good LOL.

MamaKath
11-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Happy birthday Josh! The invite and pics are just wonderful! Where does the time go? May all your dreams come true little guy!